I am just now trying to catch up with my usual routine after having had my brother and his family staying here for a few days (they left for home in Pennsylvania this morning). So, it might take me a few days to write a proper blog entry. I'm still picking up stray Lego blocks and getting used to a quiet home again.Right now, I have to get away from the computer and get going with the gingerbread house I mentioned wanting to make to my daughter yesterday. (she obviously did not forget!). Don't worry--it is one of those hard-as-rock already baked ones from a kit. Just need to use the Spackle icing (cement) to put it together and then we can decorate it. Actually, the plan is to make two--one for the husband's classroom and one for here at home. Let the Christmas decorating begin! (already dragged out the Christmas CD's and cassettes, and books yesterday)
6 comments:
Here I thought I was starting everything Christmas early this year and tomorrow is December already. I have only two cards ready to go - one to Ireland and one to Uganda. I don't know what happened but my life seems like a blur this year and I am not busy at all! :-)
I got out my Christmas music and my Christmas cards, but I haven't done anything about addressing them yet. We were going to sit down this weekend and do them but I got distracted by other things.
I've got to sit down with them and get busy this week.
Christmas cards! Last year, I didn't send them...and I lived. However, my daughter had the cards out (the ones I bought last season but never sent) and was all eager to get going with writing them out. They are on the table at this moment. If she wants to be in charge of Christmas Cards this year, I won't stop her.
I agree with my mom-in-law. I thought I was getting a jump on the Christmas stuff this year. It seems to have escaped me, though!! I don't know what happened!! It's Decemeber???AAAHHHHH!!!
I guess it's always hard to get back to routine after a feast. It's a slow process. Miss R is adorable and considering she never forgets....get down to work , Tina ! By the way, I've already decorated my school. 3 Christmas trees! and many other decorations including the balconies , the kitchenette and the toilets! I am planning to decorate my flat this coming weekend.
Anastasia,
I'll have you know that I DID get down to work and have a lovely little decorated Gingerbread House all set to go to my husband's calssroom. We will make one more for home and then I'll be sure to show them off here at some point....
Post a Comment