This is is what was in a good size box on my door step today!!A basket sent up from Pennsylvania, crammed with English muffins, crumpets, jams, tea, cinnamon rolls and cake! My brother and sister-in-law sent it. They'll be staying with us for the next few days (with my niece and nephew), and it looks like they are taking care of breakfast. How thoughtful of them...
I took everything out of the basket and put in the fridge to keep it all fresh.
Now I have another basket!! It seems I somehow always end up with more baskets than I can use. (although, this one is better than most, with sides made of wood and metal handles--a keeper.). They are good to have on hand for gifts, but somehow we always end up at square one, because whenever one is given away, we get one , too. It think this accumulation of baskets is common for everyone, since there are always plenty of them at yard sales.
On a completely unrelated tangent--I saw a very interesting sight today. I was coming back from my haircut and was stopped at a red light at a busy four-way intersection in town. Waiting to my right, was a mondo huge SUV with two people in the front seat, both speaking into their cell phones at the same time. Yes, sitting side by side, yet having separate conversations...
Another strange thing (to me, anyway) was that the driver looked to be about 12 years old and in the passenger seat was apparently the mother. I am sure the young-looking man must have been at least 16, but...he looked like a little boy.
3 comments:
That basket looks carbalicious! I wish something like that would arrive on MY doorstep. :)
I like this basket, it will make a really nice present!;)
It turned out to be the perfect gift. There is only one crumpet and half a tea cake left out of all that food. The quality was excellent--everything tasted homemade. And yes...I guess I am loaded up with carbs, in addition to all sorts of other rich foods (egg nog, pie, pudding, wine, etc.). Hope it stops sleeting soon so I can get out for a much needed walk...
Post a Comment