Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Jumpin' Jive

I was looking for a version of Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters singing Mele Kalikimaka on You Tube earlier this week (since it started as an earworm on Monday morning) but wasn't able to find it. Manders was able to and you can see the video on her blog. Yay!
However, as it tends to happen at You Tube, one click leads to another click and you discover videos you had no idea you even wanted to see. I found an amazing clip from 1943's "Stormy Weather". I can't decide which is the more amazing--Cab Calloway hep-hepping "Jumpin' Jive" performanace with the band, or The Nicholas Brother's tap dancing. As one of the commentors over on You Tube said--"Zounds!"
Be sure to watch until the very end--the stairs part with the "splits" that made me wince in awe is worth waiting for.
Oh, and, if anyone cares...I am still not liking my wine (so strange) and have been drinking Orangina and/or tea in the evenings.

1 comment:

Content in a Cottage said...

Wow. Yikes. That was fun to watch. Really spectacular. I now feel energized enough to fire up my vacuum cleaner. Thanks for posting. ♥Rosemary