
Here I go again. Another nonsensical dream that I had last night.
I was at work.
Sadly, a lot of my dreams are of me at work(sometimes trapped working there after hours with the lights off, but customers keep coming in anyway, because someone forgot to lock the door--a real nightmare!)
It started out with my boss being in a good mood(which is rare these days), but I can’t remember that part much, now that I am writing it all down. Then it morphed into my boss being...Russell Brand.
Whom I hardly know much about aside from what he looks like from magazine photos and that he is a British comedian and that I heard an interview with him on the radio not too long ago(found out that he was a drug addict for a long time and seemed very intelligent. How do those things go together, tell me?)
Anyway, there was some kind of game going on with even this stupid song and at first I was thinking I had things to get done and I wasn’t going to play along. People were being made to do things like walk around all day with a paper bag over their head --things that had to do with the rules of the game. But then I decided in the dream, that I should lighten up and go along with it too.
So, when it came to MY turn, I was informed by Russell(he was barely Russell Brand anymore, now, but some vague participant and head of the “game”) that I would have to walk around all day with a dead MOUSE BALANCED ACROSS THE BRIDGE OF MY NOSE.
I was repulsed by it, of course, but decided to bear it with bravery and show everyone I was tougher than they thought(there was some vague “audience” around me). As it turns out, this dead mouse was black and kind of shiny and wrinkly—sort of flattened out. Like a cured, pickled black olive. It didn't smell—only that it was embarrassing and disgusting with that little dead thing on my face.
Already, the rest of the dream is gone and I don’t even know what the conclusion was, but apparently I passed the test and finished my trial of “dead mouse on nose”.
So, that is it...Russell Brand, wrinkly dead mouse on nose, and some mild public humiliation.
9 comments:
Yeah, I've got nothing.
Russell Brand is really funny though.
dreams are incredible lately- Al Pacino and kittens in mine !
Hehehe, Tina, I am sitting at work and I just laughed out loud and I am getting weird stares from the students! LOL
This was funny, Russel is an odd character at the best. Isn't it just so odd how we can incorporate the most weirdest people, often true strangers into our dreams? I do it all the time.
And the game with people with paper bags on their head and you with the mouse on your nose; honestly, this could have been one of my surreal dreams for sure.
I have no clue on what this might mean, but I will do some thinking on it.;))
Hope you will have a great Thursday and you know; it is Friday tomorrow.;)
Sometimes one dreams the strangest things. Then when one is told that maybe it was a reflection of something that has happened lately, and one tries to associate, it's even stranger because there is not connection. Has it happened? I dream ever day (which can be exhausting sometimes) and I remember all of my dreams. The most stressful thing was that phase when I went to a dream dictionary my dad gave me, and tried to find the future in the meaning of some aspects of the dream. I was going nuts! :-)
I've been known to have some crazy dreams from time to time too. Loved it!
"If I should die before I wake" would have been a reality for me with a dead mouse on my nose. Even in a dream. You are so brave! Especially since you prefer to capture them alive in your portable mouse condos filled with peanut butter. Thanks for sharing another wild dream with us!
I hardly ever remember my dreams, so I was very impressed you remembered yours with so many details! The truth is I have many friends who always remember their dreams! Not me! I wonder why...One of my favourite readings is Mary Summer Rain's Dreamwalker. According to her, dreamwalkers are the rare few who,as she describes them, are "led by the spirit", Have "shed the yoke of desire and self-want", and have discarded the need for material gain and all evidence of negative thought. On the other hand, I really loved your dream ..it was so funny! Thanks for the giggles!
i love that dream! i think i will write a song about it (in a dream... i don't know how to write a song.)
Tina, dear, of all the people I know you seem to be the one with the most *interesting* dreams ever!!!:) I loved it!!!:)Good thing the mouse was dead... Alive animals in the dreams are not a good sign as long as I've heard...;)
Post a Comment