Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Stealing: The ABC Meme


Just getting this in before Sunday is over. Something new for me--Sunday Stealing! Go here, if you want to play along, too.
******************************************************
A – An advantage you have – artistic talent ( especially when it comes to playing Pictionary)
B – Blue or brown eyes – Brown
C – Chore you hate – washing dishes by hand
D – Dad’s name – John
E – Essential start of your day – Cawfee, of course....
F – Favorite color – orange shades
G – Greatest thing you’ve ever done that made you feel really good – Um, let's keep that between me and Mr. F, okay? ;-)
H – Habit you have – leaving things until the last minute
I – Issue you hate that the world tries to make you pursue – fitting my square peg into the round hole(learning more and more as I age to totally ignore that, though)
J – Job title – I don't even have one, really. Glorified Artistic Retail Laborer? Muddled Mom? Dog Walker. Poop Picker-Upper?
K – Kohls or Target – Kohl's, simply because there is one near us now...
L – Living arrangements – "our house..is a very, very, fine house, with one dog in the yard, life used to be so hard.... until I got lucky and married my soulmate and now have a nice little family unit of my own and a roof over my head..."
M – Music you likeMelody Gardot
N - Nicknames – Teena Beena, Tee
O – Overnight hospital stay – three times
P – Pet Peeve – drivers in cars absentmindedly doing stupid things while talking on their cell phones
Q – Quote that you like most – "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." ~ Steven Wright (the brain behind my blog title "I was trying to daydream..." quote, too...)
R – Right or left handed – right
S – Siblings – younger than me
T – Time you wake up – 6:15 or so....
U – Underwear – under where?
V – Vegetable you dislike – beets
W – What makes you run late – my blog and your blog!
X – X-rays you’ve had –too many, and quite a few in just the last six months
Y – Yummy food you make – Chicken Pomodoro(with a nice creamy vodka sauce)
and lastly....
Z – Zoo animalSlow Loris
There was a Loris shown recently on R's Cute Overload page-a-day calendar--can't get the pop-eyed little critter out of my head.
Another thing I can't get out of my head is that Michael Jackson song "Rock With You" that R downloaded from iTunes and played a short while ago in the living room, along with her version of Jackson-style dancing which didn't quite work being that she had sticky feet on our bare wood floors.
Yes, R is fascinated with the life, music and demise of poor Michael Jackson and is interested in learning anything she can about him and I think she watched his videos over and over on Saturday because they were shown all day long on TV. (she was already a fan, after we gave her the 25th anniversary "Thriller" album last year)
She has invited a friend over tomorrow so they can watch a taped Michael Jackson special together. This is the friend who told R today on the phone that Jackson "was hot when he was black." Loved that!

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Here it is Monday already and it was really a difficult morning to get up, I needed surely lost of coffee!!
I enjoyed this meme!;))
I agree with you, I HATE washing dished by hand. I also dislike vacuum cleaning.;)
I hope your Monday will be great.;))
xoxo

Anastasia Marou said...

A. The patience of Job even with my 13-14 year-old feather brained adolescents!
B. Brown eyes
C. Doing housework
D. Odysseas
E. French coffee, 2 croissants, rasberry or blueberry jam, some brie and freshly squeezed lemon / orange/ pink grapefruit - what I call "The Grecian Punch"
F. White and off white
G. Run my own language school
H. Speaking my own mind
I. The pursue of happiness through some kind of social or financial status! Boring!
J. ESL teacher - a title I'm very proud of.
K. Hard to tell but I tried both on online shopping. So,both websites are great BUT I found the cutest baby clothes (for my niece) at Kohls newborn clothes especially the onesies.
Yet Target has great outfits and sets like hoddies and pants sets that are so trendy ...see what I mean ?
L. Our flat in Larnaca situated in a very quiet residential area with lots of green around.
M. Everything by Neil Diamond. Especially Jonathan Livingston - the Seagull, Love on the Rocks, Sweet Caroline and September Morn.
N. None..other than Greek Semi-Goddess - ah right I like to laugh at myself!
O. Once - at Saint Mary's Hospital in London where I had my gallbladder removed 27 years ago. But it wasn't just overnight - I spent 6 days there.
P. Chameleons
Q. Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
R. Mostly left-hander. But I use my right hand to write because my mother forced me to do so. After having suffered from a severe tenonditis a couple of months ago, I am forever grateful to my mother as this did not affect my work!
S. One brother 3 years younger than me
T. It depends... When I work I wake up at 8:30 am. When on holiday ...I wake up at 7:00 am in order not to miss the best time at the beach but I do take a siesta from 4:00 to 6:00 pm.
U. Very sexy !I love Aslanis underwear very much!
V. Mushrooms and asparagus
W. My mobile phone
X. X- Factor: the Greek TV Talent Show!
Y. Beef Stroganov
Z. Z - the film

Penny said...

love, love, love the quote!!

Claus said...

So many interesting facts! and now, I have Rock with you in my mind! Keep singing the three lines I know over, and over, and over...even in while making a line in the bank, right after I read your entry. I had to come back and tell you :-))

vdesheva said...

Thanks for another interesting and fun post, Tee /I just *love* this nickname:)/!!!
I wouldn't mind to wash the dishes for you as long as someone else does the cooking!!!:)
Tell Miss R. that she has an excellent music taste!!!:) MJ was my greatest idol when I was a teen!!!:) I even wanted to marry him /it was at the time before his plastic surgeries while he was still good-looking:)/!!!:P