
" Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude.
I like fun. "
~ Colleen C. Barrett
I took a week off from blogging. No reason, really--just spent my time doing other things and felt no inspiration to write or share anything. My week has been full of very ordinary moments(work, errands, more work, more errands) and some more memorable ones (singing the Gilligan's Island theme song around a bonfire last night with friends ~~ accompanied by my husband on guitar and another musician on ukulele!).
I wandered around my workplace with my camera on a slow morning this past week, trying to capture some of the colors that surround me there. Glass, fired clay, brass, bronze, wood, wire, canvas and paper.
What surrounds you at your place of work?
*Views? (I look out a big glass window onto a parking lot--which looks much nicer viewed through the colored glass spheres hanging in that window, and a bike path from the back door that I gaze at wistfully on beautiful sunny warm days when bikers whizz by while I am working indoors)
*Sounds? (Classical guitar playing on the radio out front, NPR radio in the work room, conversation with our customers--nothing too abrasive).
*Scents? (it ranges from from fresh air through an open door to some one's heated up lunch at my place)
*Mood? (much better these last few weeks--cooperative, genial co-workers and a happy boss--now that a certain problem-causing employee has been FIRED!)

11 comments:
Tina, that first shot is beautiful. I love it. Do you work in an art or craft store?
I quit working in June of this year and it has been so nice staying home.
Thank you, JarieLyn! That's "my" parking lot(seen through a glass globe)! I work at a frame shop/gallery...it's a good place to work, but I would much rather be like you and NOT be working.;-) Would LOVE to be home and know I could fill my days with all sorts of creative endeavors I can't always manage to make time for now...
Beautiful, love the collage! So true, it is all about paying attention to the colours, sounds, scent and views... I so get that...
Your type of work is fascinating, even though you might not always think so.;) The frames in your collage remind me of a frame shop I went last year to have a picture framed that P gave me for my birthday. It was owned by a woman my age and we got to talk and she told me all about how difficult it was for he in the beginning, hen she started. When I looked around I so wanted to ask her is she needed help as the place seemed so intriguing t me.;)
I hope you had a lovely weekend Tina, good to see you back.;)
xo
Zuzana
Sorry for all the typos.:P
that first shot is very interesting indeed! your sounds, scents, etc at work are so totally different than mine. so strange, I never thought about that before. awareness....
in one of your other blogs you mentioned where you did your mosaics. can you tell me again? thanks!
have a wonderful week ahead!!
Doreen
Oh, the views from within my classroom. We are in a not-so-nice area of town, so out the window isn't very pretty.
The students, of course, are gorgeous. I wish I could publish photos of them and share... but I can't. :-)
I have not been feeling like writing too much lately either.
xo - happy Sunday.
Tina,
Your mosaic is beautiful...especially when enlarged. Love your photography!
xxoo,
Rosemary
Well I for one, missed you this week. I have been checking periodically throughout the days to see my fave Gal Friday in the bloglist but hey, here you are!
I personally like the middle picture of you holding the camera in front of the mirror. I also love the first pic too. How do you put them in that grid at the bottom? Is it flickr?
~Zuzana,
Yes, my job CAN be interesting(rarely boring or ho-hum)and I know I have it pretty good there, but still...wish I had a better job.
And..I didn't even notice any typos...you needn't ever worry about that--as I am that way, too. :-P
~Doreen,
I have sent you a private e-mail with the photo-mosaic site link.....
~Erin,
Oh, I'll bet your students are a beautiful sight(that is one thing I miss in my days at woirk--hardly ever see children), and I can understand you WANTING to show them off sometimes, but for privacy's sake...not a wise idea and not cool....
~Why, thank you, Rosemary, but really, the photos are not so good(and the mosaic maker program crops them too much, I think).
~~Hi Clare,
I like how that one of me in the mirror turned out, too--maybe because my face is hidden?! Heh.
I sent you a link to the website for the photo mosaic program, too.
~
i love the glimpse of your surroundings at work and your descriptions. i still need to play around w/ that photo collage thing because i really, really love when you do that.
I'd die if I didn't work and I often dread the day of my retirement. Ah, right! It's not always easy to be your own boss and work with kids.Very often I have to summon up...more patience! But I love them all and miss them all on school holidays!I can't imagine myself staying at home!
Post a Comment