Ever have one of those days where you just don't feel your best??
I am having one so far...
I showered late last night right before bed and went to bed with wet hair.
So now I have a strangely shaped wave on one side of my head of Frankenstein's Monster proportions and the other side is all flattened down. I put my hair up, thinking that was the best way to combat the bad hair, but that huge wave is still there.
Also, since I have been busy with other things (outside working in the garden) I have barely any clean and dry laundry so my selection of clothing to wear is limited. I decided to wear a neglected...'twinset' today since it was at least clean and hanging neatly in the closet. But I feel just too normal in it.
Why do I even own this beige (of course it has to be boring beige!) knit tank and matching cardigan? Because I bought it under the influence of my mother when we went clothes shopping together a few years ago. It's not that bad, I suppose, but I feel a tad too.....matchy and bank teller-ish in it. I have a Salvadore Dali bracelet I think I 'll wear with it at least. I gotta be ME...just a little bit, even in a 'twinset'.
I suppose I better do loads of laundry this weekend....
4 comments:
Hmm, I'm having one of these too today! Had a bad day as well (the monthlies ;-) and I'm just too tired to look out of my eyes now!
The beige twinset story is so recognizable..could have been me when shopping with my mum. And I agree, that influence....lol.
Hope your day will be a good one after all...I had two friends who made me smile at the end of a bad day, so not too bad after all :-)
Xmarcelle
Hi, Tina, it's Pati! I created this account when Yahoo was announcing the shipwrek but have never blogged here...To tell you the truth, I had no idea how to do it!;) and the other two friends who had started it gave this idea up but I'm surely glad I have the account cause I can comment in here!:)
I totally understand the hair...I try to wash in the morning, but I end up washing it in the evening and what can I say? It's not good!:P
Marcelle,
Yay for friends!!(and may you have a much better day tomorrow)
I was so caught up with my busy day on the job I didn't even give a thought to the beige sweater set and hair, and my day went well for me, looking back on it. I was very productive and efficient--could it have been the 'twinset"' giving me Super Powers??!! ;-)
Pati!!
I am glad you found me here. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the comment....
Post a Comment