"Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world."
~~ Ada Louise Huxtable
I wish I had it in me to write a real blog, instead of taking the easy way out and simply putting up a slide show. But, here it is, another gorgeous day out there, fresh and breezy and the sun shining. So, it is hard to stay indoors. I actually need to stay indoors and get some things done. The forecast was for a rainy day and I was resigned to cleaning up around a here a little, taking care of laundry and getting on with helping Rachel clean up her monstrously messy bedroom. We were also planning on going to a matinee to see Get Smart. But, darn this sunny weather!! Now I have to get out there again. A long walk with the dog down to the bay is what is calling me.
For now, a slide show of our time on the farm down the road yesterday morning. I might have some photos for a slide show of our canoe trip out to the beach yesterday (the river empties out into the ocean and it is a nicely secluded spot to have a picnic on the beach there) in another entry.
Saturday Farmer's Market at Casey Farm
We went for farm fresh eggs (they were out by the time we got there) but came home with strawberries and lots of pictures.
"Casey Farm has been farmed continuously since 1702. The Casey family left it to Historic New England in 1955, and in 1992 Mike and Polly Hutchison were hired to rejuvenate the farm and start vegetable production. They live in the circa 1750 farmhouse with two of their three kids and their two dogs." From farmfresh.org http://www.farmfresh.org/food/farm.php?farm=595



10 comments:
It looks like a lovely farmer's market. I love farmer's markets!!
It is hard to stay inside when it is so nice outside!! I hope you have a wonderful day, doing whatever you want to do!!
That looks really neat! I hope your weather was cool enough to be able to stay outside for longer than a few minutes. I agree that it's hard to stay inside when the weather's nice.
This is a great blog, Tina ! I'm glad to see you had such a fun day on the farm. By the way, I loved that rooster weathervane. Thank you for sharing your day and all the beautiful photos.
Great pics of the farm life! Love to watch them!
Hope you did have a nice day and was able to spend some time outdoors after all ;-)
Xmarcelle
what a pretty place!! and such wonderful weather...I'm a bit jelaous, but the good kind ;-)
When you get to see Get Smart, please share your insights Tina. I want to see it too, but I'm pretty sure it won't come until way after it does up north.
Wonderful slide show, Tina... looks like my kind of place!! I'd love to go there!!
And your blog is always interesting... you write very well!! I'm the one who feels too brain dead these days to write much of anything at all... am I burnt out or just never had it?? :)
I hope you went ahead and enjoyed the outdoors... just seems like you should go with the flow sometimes. A rainy day will come eventually!! :) Actually NJ is becoming the "thunderstorm state" this summer, I think!! We seem to get them daily now...
Here's a link to my page ...I cant seem to figure out how to email you from your page T...oh well...
http://volcanogirlspeaks.blogspot.com/
im not sure if you will be able to see my stuff...you can send me your email and ill add u as a reader.
talk to u soon
:D
you live in such a gorgeous place Tee, I love seeing photos :)
You'll be pleased to hear Cottage Crafts has stopped being hard at work now lol new post has been written.
enjoy your sunny weather, get out in it as much as you can, while you can. The blog will wait for you.
Hugs xx
wow I love the photo's...your blog is a real blog...
Its YOU!!
Thanks for sharing
xx
Thanks for the birthday wish...
I dont usually have yellow in my dinning room, my first time...it was okay for the breakfast...
thanks
So you also 46 this year
Scary hey, this growing old I am not enjoying at all!!
Post a Comment