
Halp!
I wanted to use a collage I made for the header here, but it is absolutely enormous. If anyone has ANY tips on how to make it slightly smaller, I would be very grateful.
Help, again.
Some advice please.If anyone has any for me. A slightly sticky situation. Maybe I am over-thinking it and making it stickier than it has to be.
I just got a phone call 20 minutes ago from my daughter , who is over at her best friend's house. She, out of the blue, asked me if I wanted to come see Carrie Underwood, because she was being invited to go to her concert and they were ordering tickets. It seems my daughter was asked to go, along with her friend, her friend's mother (who I know quite well) and another friend and HER mother(who I only know a little). It will be in October in an arena at the university.
My first gut response, was..er, "NO", I don't want to go! I don't even know any Carrie Underwood songs, although I do know who she is. (past American Idol winner, pretty blonde Country singer) and am simply not interested.
After I hung up, John asked if I knew Rachel was probably inviting me--wanting me--to come to, since the "other" mothers are going. Which made me feel ike a schmuck at first, but then I thought I can only be true to myself if I really don't want to spend an evening seeing a performer I have zero interest in. Not my cup of tea.
So, I got a little defensive of my quick decision (this was out of the blue, like I said, and Rachel had never expressed any interest in seeing Carrie Underwood before). I mean, I think I am a good Mom, taking my daughter places SHE wants to go and spending time with her. Because I said "no" to this invitation, does that make me the weird, selfish mother??
Now, I really don't think the adults going to this and taking Rachel along will really mind that I am not coming. But ever since John brought up the point that maybe Rachel wants me to come, too, it's bothering me.
10 comments:
I happened to visit your page while the collage was in your header, and was going to ask if you'd done it... it's gorgeous! But yeah, it was huge! ;-) My header photo was coming out like that at first too, I used a photo I took of my paint pallette (now you'll know how messy I am!) What I did was resize the image - I'm guessing if you set yours to maybe about 300 or 400 pixels wide, keeping the aspect ratio, that might work... depending on the look you would like.
As for the second question, I wouldn't worry, I think the very fact that you're so concerned about her feelings shows you're not a selfish mother! I'm sure she knows it's the music you're not interested in.... not spending time with her. :)
doodlebug,
The collage is only about 5" x 5"--tiny, so it was a shock to see it so big here, and taking up so much room. Thank you for the advice on re-sizing. I'll have to fiddle around with it.
Thanks, too, for the advice on the tickets. It is all settled now. I'll buy the ticket for Rachel, she will go with her two friends and their mothers. I asked Rachel if she really wanted me to come too, and she said it was 'alright" if I didn't. (phew! I am off the hook)
I am going to help her clean her room today and NOT get angry about it(it is truly horrible in there)and just help her organise her overflowing stuff...to show what a nice mother I am. ;-)
Thanks for the visit, too!! Come by any time...
Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it... I'm sure she'll be just fine and is OK that you're not going... probably just thought you should be asked since other mothers are going!! I wouldn't even worry about it myself!! You do lots of things together!! :) ... but how many mothers really have to go along? I wouldn't feel obligated whatsoever. No sense in sitting through something you wouldn't enjoy when there's really no need...
It will probably be alright!! I don't particularly like Carrie Underwood, either. (It's Amanda (by the way))
I have a blog here, too. I like blogger a lot and have been cutting and pasting my blog from 360 to here, so those who do not Yahoo! can still read my blog. It is www.shadowofthemountain.blogspot.com
I think you're right into not going to that concert, Rachel will totally understand.
I guess I am in the minority but if I had it to do over again, in a situation like that - I'd go. Not too many teens want to be seen with their mothers. Enjoy it while you can! :-)
Sandra
Thanks for all the input, Everyone!
It is pretty much settled now that Rachel will go with her friends, their mothers and I will stay behind.
But, Sandra, I am going to keep in mind what you wrote and can appreciate your perspective, definitely.
Hmm, I guess I have come somewhat too late in the day (here we say: as mustard after dinner lol) but I agree you are already doing a lot together and you do not need to do 'everything' together, so don't feel guilty. You have a great relationship as it is I think and just enjoy that!! It's something to cherish...
I LOVE the collage!!!! Wow!!!
As Kate mentioned, you need to resize your collage Tina. You can go to Microsoft Picture Manager (if you have Office 2007 or the version prior to that one) or to Photo Editor, or even Paint Brush! If you use the picture Manager one, you want to click on the "edit images" and then the "change size" option. You can even crop to image, to make it less square.
With the Paint brush option, you want to open your file, and then choose the image button, then the "stretch/skew" option, and start playing with the % to reduce your image.
It is my experience that you don't want to reduce the width of your image to less of a 600 px. If you do, you can end up with a very tiny picture, and you want to show all you art! Be sure to always click on the auto-adjust option when uploading your header, so that it comes about the right size. I hope it helps! I do want to see your collage!! :-)
On the Carrie Underwood situation...well, I wouldn't go either, especially when it is an artist I am not a huge fan of. But I have to say though, that I have accompanied my mom to see performers she is a fan of (and I'm not) and she has keep me company when it has been the other way around. How is Rachel reacting? Has she mentioned anything to you?
Post a Comment