

....on a breezy, warm summer night.
catching the final 17 minutes of An American In Paris on TV,
reading that Mamma Mia opens in the theaters July 18 ,
sitting in the dark backyard,
the trees branches and leaves like swaying black lace,
watching fireflies,
and bats overhead,
listening to the crickets and
a spooky catfight somewhere in the neighborhood,
wearing a dress from the second hand store and feeling oh so Sophia Loren in it.
7 comments:
How beautiful you must have looked in your thrifty dress, watching the world go about its business on a summer evening.
Our weather is poop at the moment, it started raining the minute the Church fete started and hasnt stopped since. Its cooler at the moment so I'm going to tidy up the garden today, the washing up can wait. xx
Mamma Mia... I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to it. Love your description of summer sounds... last night here it was hot, the breeze that had been blowing all day stopped and in the midst of the airless, hot evening there was a bit of thunder... living in the city I don't hear crickets though, I love crickets.
Oooh can we see your dress?? What a lovely post GF. Reading these summery posts makes me feel brighter! Thanks :-) xx
I saw Mamma Mia in theatres, so I am not sure the movie will be as good...I love the idea of a second hand store dress...
Cant wait to see this movie myself...who would have thought those two could sing!!!
That was lovely.... quite poetic!! I just noticed the fireflies were out a few nights ago... it seems when they come, they just come all at once out of nowhere! Don't you just love the crickets... and katydids!! (No katydids yet though...). I used to love to watch bats in the evening... I'm afraid there aren't as many as there used to be though... pesticides are taking a toll on these creatures too.
I'll bet you looked lovely in that dress, as someone else mentioned...
Glad you're enjoying the summer nights!
Yes Mama Mia is coming up here as well... even in some theaters already! So looking forward!!
I have seen the musical and am curious what it will be like!
I agree: show the dress lol.
X
Post a Comment