Thursday, July 3, 2008

This was going to be....




....a cranky entry, but I had to laugh at what Rachel just said.


I have been greatly annoyed by the firecrackers going off for the last hour in the neighborhood. Tommorow's the 4th of July, and it started a few days ago already, and someone will continue on setting them off for another month. It happens every year like this around here. (Luckily, my dog is not bothered at all by the noise, ever)


So, Rachel came in the room saying that "It must be Hannah's brother doing it up the street."(Hannah is one of her friends from school who lives a few streets up the hill)


"He likes his explosives."


Not so funny in print, but the way Rachel said it made me laugh. (since this kid was about 18 months old, I swear she has been one ironic little comedian)


Now, I am in a much better mood and won't bother to rant about my day and all the mean-spirited, disheartening, just plain RUDE people I had to deal with, just about everywhere I went.


Besides, there is a cricket right outside my window, chirping loudly away, and all through the fireworks going off, this tiny insect has been clearly audible. My little serenading Pavarotti of the insect world.


So, a sunny little drawing of mine:
"Eve with Bangs" Or should I write, "Eve With A Fringe"..or "Eve Nervously Eyeing The Bee"..?
And a much better mood to go to sleep on.


I think the fire-crackin' has finally stopped, too. No, wait! A few more...*sigh*



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great painting Ms K-fuffle! I love the combo of that blue and purple washes together...you can be doing very wonderful greeting cards and wrapping paper. Your images would get snapped up by licensors...look into licensing agents...

Anonymous said...

Once again I'm so tired I'm leaving an incoherent message...but you know what I mean...

Princess and the Bear said...

I love the painting HK, shes a very beautiful lady, tell her not to be nervous of the bee, he looks friendly.

I can almost hear Miss R saying her line as if shes an adult talking of little boys lol Bless her.

I think someone must have sent you a little serenade to make you smile when you needed it. I'm glad you went to bed on a lighter note.
Hugs xx

Claus said...

ahh fireworks...same thing here in Guatemala: people go on and on and on with them, not on July, but in November all the way through middle January!!! that's right, believe it or not. It is around November that a whole lot of festivities happen, and the booms! and sparks are a daily thing. I can't help but always wonder the amount of money spent!

Great creation HK!! (like how abbreviated your nickname...going to borrow it) very colorful. I am not an expert when it comes to drawings and paintings or art in general, but it looks very "whimsical" to me (is that the right word?) Very pretty indeed!

Kate said...

I love it!! Another lively, whimsical creation... I like the little touch with the real flowers you added, and your lines are very confident. Fabulous!

Gal Friday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gal Friday said...

V.C.,
Now what are you staying up so late for all the time??
Anyway, thanks for popping in and your kind input on my sketchy little drawing. I have *thought* of things like card companies before...but never actually follow through....


Cottage Crafts,
So..you think the bee is friendly, aye?? ;-) Glad you like my little painting.


Claudia,
I remember you writing about Christmas Eve fireworks on your street(which sounds so nice to me), but like you said, it's tiring after a while when they keep setting them off.

'Whimsical' is exactly how I describe my "style", so you found just the right word in English.

Doodlebug,
Thanks. Maybe "confident" lines is another way of saying "loose and messy"(ha..ha..), which is what this drawing cetrtainly is. -)

cessie said...

I like your drawing...so wonderful and so full of colour!!

Fireworks are forbidden here, the only moment you can have them is around New Years... which suits me fine 'cause I don't like it at all lol. I like the colours of the nicer - read: more expensive - fireworks but my reflexes cannot cope with the sounds haha.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great how simple things can change the mood!! :) Yeah, we have the same thing here, every night in fact... firecrackers in the neighborhood. I love that "Pavarotti of the insect world"!! :)

Love the drawing!! ... whatever you call it, it's cute!!

Gal Friday said...

Sherry,
My little Pavarotti cricket is out there again tonight, singing with the breeze in the trees. Very symphonic. :-)