
...pig in a puddle of mud.
Actually, I'm not that happy. Feeling pretty blah this evening for the most part. But I am trying to get back into making a creative mess here in this room. There hasn't been much drawing or painting for weeks.
So..I have my paints out and have been layering red and pink paints on blank pages in my art journal, in anticipation of the collages I want to arrange and glue on them. So far this summer, during my walks with Jewel, I have been spotting scraps of paper and assorted discarded things by the side of the road , and picking them up and hoarding them in a bin by my desk.
I have it in mind to make some kind of "found object" collages, maybe with a color theme--all pink or all red, for example.
***********************
With "pink" on my mind and pink paint on the table, I sketched out this porcine mud wallower . Oink! (is "wallower" an actual word? As in, "wallow in the mud"?)
**********************
I was feeling really happy last night, though.
First of all--I finally got out to see Mamma Mia!
I met some friends from the book club for the 7:00 show, and Rachel came along, too. We laughed, we cheered, laughed some more(Pierce Brosnan's singing is dreadful, but in a wonderful way, Julie Walters was riotously funny and the Dancing Queen and Does Your Mother Know scenes were hysterical, as well), we clapped and sang along (there were some rows behind us where there was actual out-of-the-seats dancing going on). When the movie ended (huge amounts of applause) and we were getting out of our seats, my friend Lisa said we have to see it again! And we shall (I want to see this with my mother, definitely)
I was still in a happy bubble when I got home, with me singing "Take A Chance On Me". Badly, but if Pierce Brosnan is allowed to sing ABBA songs, then so can I.
********************
Then I watched two episodes of Conan O'Brien that John had taped from the two previous nights.
I loves me some Conan. Just his facial expressions make me laugh! And on the second episode he had comedian Tom Papa on, whose routine had me laughing LOUDLY. I had never heard of this man before.
Hmmm...maybe I need to watch some more Conan tonight.
8 comments:
ABBA!! I love ABBA!! I am imagining Pierce Brosnan singing right now. It seems quite funny! I will have to see it...preferably with my mom, as well!
Hey, Ms. Manders!
I love ABBA, too(and embarrassed my daughter for years, playing their songs on the car stereo, but now, maybe she is starting to think they are cool afterall?)--I am sure you'll love the movie!!
I love your piggie :-)
And I love ABBA too, have Mamamia on my list to go and see. Hopefully next week!
Wish you some creative days!!
X
That's a cute pig! By the way, I'm sure that "wallower" *is* a valid word! :)
I watched a program on Biography about ABBA last night! I was highly impressed by it. Amanda even sat through it. She was asking all sorts of questions. I loved it.
I'm not sure if I'll get to the theater to see Mamma Mia! I know Tony won't go see it with me, so I'll have to go alone. I seriously doubt that Amanda would want to see it.
ABBA...would there be Bossa n' ABBA I wonder ;-)) I so want to see that movie now!! everbody is talking good things about it, and it should be a fun "clear you mind from trouble" movie. Hopefully it will come our way. Nice pink pig by the way!!
Good on you for making your 'mess' you're too talented to waste that talent. I'm loving the piggy :)
Cant wait to see your scraps collage. Hopefully that Blah feeling has been chased away :)
I'm planning on seeing Mamma mia very soon, it looks fantastic :) Its 'Carry On' weekend on Tv this weekend so I'm doing some housework and watching Carry on follow that camel (and eating chocolate) heheh
Oh u did see this... i posted above on ur recent blog without seeing this...I loved it. what a great combo of actors, great singing and scenery!
Ahh, I love your happy pig drawing... so cute!! :) Glad to hear such great things about Mamma Mia... guess I'm really going to have to see that myself! The music certainly is very uplifting!!
Post a Comment