Monday, August 4, 2008
Peeved and Imageless
"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." ~Franklin P. Jones
I was only slightly irritated as I sat down to type a few lines here.
Then, I grew increasingly annoyed, as firstly--Blogger isn't allowing any images to load at the moment. I have tried five times. Oh well. I am a Yahoo 360 deserter, so am used to the occasional posting glitch here and there. I expect Blogger will have it fixed by tomorrow.
Secondly, Rachel must have sipped too much iced tea this afternoon (or drank Coca-Cola over at her friend's house), because she is chattering away to me non-stop tonight. She is in the other room watching some awards show on Fox (the "kid's choice something or other" with a soundtrack of screaming kids and b-a-a-a-d music) and keeps trotting in and out of this room, with a running commentary on what's happening on-screen. I pretend to be interested, and I KNOW I should be grateful she is speaking to me at all, but I really don't care to know what Jason Castro is wearing in the audience, or that David Archuleta is sitting next to his father. If you don't know the names I just wrote, consider yourself lucky. Believe me, I do know these names, since there is still American Idol mania and Archie worship going on in this house. And, yes, we just purchased tickets to the A.I. tour for the Sept. 7 date in Providence...oh joy! Guess who is going along with Rachel? Well, she is excited because we surprised her with the tickets yesterday and actually, I think I just may enjoy the show, too, since I followed the whole last season and really got caught up in it too. Me--I'm a Cook fan.
Now, here was yet another interruption from the Wonder Girl just now, but this one was funny!
"How come Mariah Carey dresses like a grown-up Bratz doll?"
Snerk.
Third annoying thing: I couldn't open the can of whipped cream for our strawberry shortcake dessert. There's this plastic ring thing on the cap that was impossible for me to tear off. I have opened these cans before without a problem but this one won't come off for me! And John is out of the house. But, it's too hot to get annoyed over these little things. So, I am eating whipped cream-less strawberry shortcake and trying to calm down.
I have had little time to myself lately and work has had a few situations crop up that are making me anxious. I wish I could erase my worries about job-related stuff. I know I worry about essentially nothing. Maybe a second helping of strawberry shortcake will help me. Even without whipped cream on top, it is pretty darn tasty!
*Update:
The husband returned home just in the nick of time. He boldly cracked open the Ready-Whip can and strawberry shortcake with whipped cream was happily consumed. My hero.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Amazing how well I can relate to your blog today ! I must be a psychic ...because last night I was desperately trying to open a can of peeled tomatoes for the spaghetti sauce I was preparing for dinner. But that tiny aluminium thing came off and the can wouldn't open ! I tried to use a knife but I only cut my finger...then when hubby came I remembered The Sound of Music and asked him to kiss my finger so that it gets well soon ! Then I kindly asked him to open the can of peeled tomatoes. With hardly any effort... and without cutting his finger , he opened the can ! Tina, one thing's for sure...never again shall I buy Pomilori Peeled Tomatoes cans !!!
Talking of patience ....you've only got ONE teenager. As from September 15th I'll have to summon up patience when I meet again my 40 feathered-brained adolescents ! There is no American Idol over here, but the Greek TV created its twin called Super Idol!!! T feel lucky because I don't know any of the names you mentioned - sorry Miss R - but here again all teens know SAKIS ROUVAS and his teenage fans are called "Roovitses" Ahhh hard to translate ! Patience !
Anastasia,
"Roovitese", huh?? The fans(like Rachel) of young singer David Archuleta are called "Archies". :-)
Your story abut being unable to open your can of tomatoes yesterday certainly was similar to mine, but I am sorry you had to get injured in the process. Now THAT's annoying!
I haven't heard of David Archuleta...I guess Amanda's pretty insulated. I DO know who Avril Lavigne is though. I guess I can count my blessings that my kids like anime and stuff and aren't interested in music. Yet.
Yeah to David Cook!! And thank goodness your daughter thinks Mariah Carey looks like Bratz. And how wonderful it is to have husbands who can open up the impossible...
Yeah to David Cook!! And thank goodness your daughter thinks Mariah Carey looks like Bratz. And how wonderful it is to have husbands who can open up the impossible...
Yay... glad you got your whipped cream!!! Oh, I so hate the packaging things come with these days too... they frustrate the heck out of me. I hate when I need creamer, and I have to get the foil off the top of the thing, etc. I don't have time in the mornings to spend 5 minutes with that needless aggravation... LOL.
Nice that you're taking your daughter to see American Idol. I've never even looked at it, so what do I know. Someday you will look back on all this and smile... but I hope you enjoy the show too!!
I know this is an old blog but I am so frustrated with Blogger at the moment I thought I would see if my friends' blogs would help me figure out mine. They haven't. Back to Yahoo!
There are a lot of things I will not be consuming if anything happens to my dear husband - Garden Cocktail being one. I cannot get the top off these bottles!
Sandra,
Garden Cocktail? I think that is like vegetable juice(V-8) down here??
Intersting that your comment on this entry led me here and I saw there was discussion just over a month ago about purchasing the American Idol tickets, and that we fina;lly saw the show last night!! :-)
It didn't take me TOO long to figure out how to set up my Blogger blog, but, I do recall some frustrating moments. Signing on to a new blog or networking system eats away SO much of your time in the beginning. I may not have figured out the multiple photos thing yet, but I think I culd help you with any other questions you might have.
Post a Comment