
What a pleasure it is to drink the first HOT cup of tea this afternoon since...the beginning of June? It is just cool enough out these days--enough to want to drink tea, finally. With a thunderstorm booming away outside (somewhat off in the distance, though, so I haven't shut the computer off), and a freshly baked raspberry Danish , this cup of plain old Red Rose tastes so good.
You Are Chai Tea |
![]() There are many subtle sides to your personality. You are difficult to decode. You are a complex and deep individual. You have many nuanced beliefs, and your mood frequently changes. You are a creative and expressive person. You draw your inspiration from the whole world. You enjoy exotic food, music, and travel. Your tastes are very international. |
Of course, the physical setting isn't so nice for my tea break. It looks terrible in here, in every room in this house, just about. The entire house is in a shambles.
Rachel was home alone today and has been dismantling her room (she began yesterday), in preparation for the re-painting of it we'll do this weekend. There are empty bookcases in the living room , boxes and boxes of books and stuff from the shelves, and assorted "I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-these" piles lining the hallway. The dining table is covered in mail, magazines and a big box of things for a yard sale.
So, if I am not around much blogging or reading friend's blogs, it's because I am in the middle of this latest DIY project. I hope to have spectacular photos showing the transformation from a pastel little girl's bedroom to a teenage girl's "bohemian"( my daughter's word, not mine) lair after this weekend. The paint colors are an electric shade of lime for one wall and a deep cerise for the other three, plus white trim for around the doors and windows.
Oh, and about the Tosca part--I must say, I smell just as delicious as a freshly brewed cup of tea. I have been wearing Tosca cologne since Saturday . It's lemony and fresh and much like 4711 Cologne at the beginning when you first apply it, but then it evolves into the most unique, elegant scent and I feel just lovely wearing it. My maternal grandmother always wore this scent and I had been thinking about her and the memory of Tosca for months. I finally located a place out in Chicago that sells it and they sent it out in just two days. I know it is probably considered an old-fashioned, dated and common scent in Europe, but you never get to smell it here, and it really is a great perfume.

15 comments:
You Are Iced Tea
You are very active and energetic. You enjoy keeping busy!
You can handle difficult tasks well. You do what needs to be done without a lot of fuss.
You are casual, welcoming, and unpretentious. You are approachable and friendly.
And while you are laid back, you aren't sloppy. You are poised and understated.
OR
You Are White Tea
You are quite delicate and very sensitive. You are easily overwhelmed.
Peace and serenity are important to you. You shy away from intensity of any sort.
You appreciate a simple quiet moment. You can relax easily without feeling bored.
You take the time to enjoy life. Even when things are busy, you make the time.
I think I am a good mixture of both!!
Hope the DIY project that you and Rachel are doing goes well. All little girls have to grow p although in their mothers' eyes, they will always be little girls, eh?
Hey, I am Chai Tea too! :)
Tosca Cologne was my first item in my Perfume Collection 15 years ago. My mum loved it. I don't, but it's a precious perfume - an all-time-classic, maybe, although it's hard to find nowadays. Tea ! No, thanks, I only drink tea when I'm ill and I hate iced tea ! I'd rather have a frappé - cold greek coffee well shaken with crashed ice - no milk no sugar for me. Looking forward to photos of a teenage girl's "bohemian" bedroom... I fully trust Miss R's taste !
You Are Black Tea
You have a bold personality. You're not afraid of simply being yourself.
You have the courage to speak the truth. You are fearless in your actions.
You come off as a bit intimidating and unapproachable. Only confident people are attracted to you.
You don't try to scare off anyone. You're just an intense person!
Hmmm...I'd rather start drinking black tea !!!
"Tosca" - good grief, that has been around forever! I can't say it's a favourite of mine, but I'm not much into perfume, anyway. Into scents, yes... I've been using a body oil recently that has a lovely citrus scent, so that's my latest quirk when it comes to that sort of thing! - Take care :-) Giz in Germany, still without a blogger account!
I'm white tea! which I have never had:
You are quite delicate and very sensitive. You are easily overwhelmed.
Peace and serenity are important to you. You shy away from intensity of any sort.
You appreciate a simple quiet moment. You can relax easily without feeling bored.
You take the time to enjoy life. Even when things are busy, you make the time.
I finally found it—the Ciara....I searched high and low...I found it at one of those perfume stores in the mall and got to spray some on a piece of blotting paper and carry it around with me when I was shopping for Jr.'s back to school clothing...After all that searching tho, I cant say I love it...when I initially sniffed it I said to myself, "Old Aunt Marie!" I was a familiar scent from my childhood...from Aunt Marie's house...how odd...so I carried it around for a while wondering if the scent on the blotting paper would change or if it would mellow out, but it remained strong. I almost liked it but there was a note in it that I thought was overpowering...the blotting paper was in my car and last evening when I went to the store I sniffed it again and the scent over time and in the heat from my car had changed to smell like Chantilly...When I was in the perfume shop I got a whiff of the Tabu. Now thats a retro scent that I do like. Hope all is well with you and yours Tina. :D
V.C.,
So...I smell like Aunt Marie!! LOL!! Believe me--I KNOW Ciara is a strong scent, but I love it so much that I wear it anyway. I vaguely remember Chantilly from high school, but have to say I don't know that I have ever smelled Tabu(but like the name)
Gisela,
I KNEW someone would goof on my wearing good old Tosca(I wore it today at work, in fact)...it REALLY smells good to this nose. I guess, as with music, scents are a very personal thing, varying from person to person so much.
Sigh . . . Perfume makes me sneeze and my eyes water and my head ache worse than usual. I do love the smell of chocolate though!
Sandra,
There ARE chocolate perfumes, you know!! :-)
I am not affected by perfumes, however I sneeze like crazy just smelling soaps and shampoos. I guess it is the detergents that affect me. I use a natural soap "bar" to wash my hair, but others in this house use bottled shampoos deodorant soaps and when they come out of the shower I sneeze at least a dozen times.
lmao Someday when you're long gone, your nieces or nephews are going to stumble upon Ciara and automatically say to themselves, "Old Aunt Tina!"
Look for Tabu. Its a strong scent too but very exotic...I'll have to give Ciara another chance just to be fair and try to find another perfume shop. You never know under what conditions these shops store the products and if they are very sensitive to temperatures.
Chai Tea here too!! I don't drink tea often, I'm definitely a coffee person... but I have had tea on winter nights and I really did enjoy it... so I should do it more often! Mmmm.... and that nice raspberry Danish... you sure sound nice and cozy over there!
Well good luck with the project... would love to see the Bohemian room... I like Bohemian!! My house is a shambles and we just never get to things... ever... *sigh* Maybe winter??
Your Tosca cologne sounds lovely... I'm curious... I've never heard of it. Nice that it has such sweet memories attached to it too.
Fun test. I came out as green tea. I can have tea no matter what the temperature is outside. I discovered how to make a mean glass of iced tea this summer and I've been cafeinated ever since :) Nice to have cooler weather and sunshine these days, my favourite temperature. Thank you so much for the birthday card you sent Tina. I am moved to tears my penpals still contact me and feel I don't deserve it. I'm surfacing so you'll hear from me in the future. I think of you often. Audrey xox
~Duskie,
" we just never get to things... ever... *sigh* Maybe winter??" Our house is like that, too--little pockets of piled up unfinished projects. I am slowly whittling away at them, though.
~Audrey,
What a happy surprise to find a coment from you here! :-) I love making "sun tea" during the summer--then flavored with the right amount of lemon and sugar(not too much sugar like that "sweet tea crap")--it's the perfect thirst-quenchng summer drink. (besides a cold beer, that is)
I am glad you got the card. While we were never officially "penpals", I always remembered you for the wonderful swaps(I still wear the crocheted socks you created) and notes and letters you sent(and The Man Who Planted Trees video)--you are a memorable person. :-) (I know how overwhelming it is to keep up with correspondence, too)
Post a Comment