Crap! More rain.
I am writing here finally, but I am going to have to make this a whine-fest about the continuing rain.
Yes, it is raining...again! It rained Friday, it rained Saturday, it rained all of yesterday....and it was disheartening to wake up in the dark on a Monday to..more rain??! Rachel is supposed to go on class trip to the town beach today. It was supposed to have been Friday but they had to cancel and change it to today. Who knew it would still be raining?
Just getting a little cranky about it. It was fine walking around under umbrellas all day in Boston on Saturday. We were making the best of it. It was tolerable walking around in a raincoat with the dog yesterday, seeing how many mushrooms had sprouted on everyone's lawns--making the best of it. I have been mocking my own hair--pointing out it's wild kinks and curls and frizz. Saying I should be in a stage production of Hair. Now I want my normal hair back, please.
*Update-- if you want to read and see something less ornery, visit Rosemary's uplifting blog today. I had to smile when I visited there just a minute ago. At least she has got the right attitude about the wet weather.

5 comments:
exact same weather here...since Thursday! :-( Yesterday was the worst. It rained so much and so hard, it brought down a small old tree with some ivy on it on my front little garden!! Took my mom and I all morning, under the rain, to pick it up and take it to a green area close to home where one can bring that sort of green material (leaves, grass...). Not what I had planned for a Sunday! oh well...it's kind of chilly now, as we haven't had sun in some days, but at least it's not raining! It might in the afternoon...
Hope some sun, or at least less rain, comes your way! :-)
Let me try change your attitude a little here for the best. :) A large portion of Australia is having water restrictions because of droughts. Apparently it's been years since they've had a good dose of rain. Forbidden is everything. Washing their cars, windows, watering their lawn. I'd hate to think..I remember the opposite back then and it's heartbreaking now. For a winter here in Greece even, we had no rain and it scared the you know what out of me with all the talks about climate change and all. Thankfully though we've had rains since. But the mere thought of no rain is very frightening..You are very fortunate. :)
Claudia,
Well, your weather certainly sounds worse than mine here...at least this time there really wasn't much wind!! Too bad about you losing your tree, too.
:-(
Arty,
You are absolutely right about the opposite. In fact, I can't imagine going so long without any rain. I had read about the Australian drought, but didn't realise you have had the dry conditions in Greece recently, as well. We usually have a good mix, with more sunny days than wet, so I was complaining too much. Usually I LIKE rain, but coupled with the humdidty and it not feeling very autumn-like to me, it has got me down.
It is beautiful here, without a cloud in the sky. The mountains look like they are just right outside the city (even though they are 1 1/2 hours away!) I hope it stops raining, soon!!
LOL... yep, we had that same weather here too... and it gets to a point when you just feel like "enough already!" ... and still... tomorrow we're getting more rain... (and the days are grey in between times). I am going to miss the summer sun! It's getting dark way too early at night. *sigh*
Post a Comment