I found this "starters to dessert" survey on this site. It doesn't look like it is updated anymore. The last "Friday Feast" was from July 11, but I liked the idea of doing something random like this every Friday. Friday--a day when I am usually feeling light-hearted being that it is Friday(!) and end of the work week and also am fairly brain dead so it is a good no-brainer way to get me writing about something here.
*Here goes:
Appetizer
When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
Last Friday. My stylist was late for my appointment since she was in the E.R. getting her cut foot looked at(cut by a shell with barnacles when she was swimming that morning in the river with her dog I found out), but she was worth waiting for. I love how she cuts my hair and when I walk out of there, my hair doesn't look like it was just cut, but looks exactly the way I like it to. Now THAT is the perfect haircut. Of course, this morning, my hair is shaped kind of funny because I slept on it while it was very damp(I was just SO tired last night and got into bed right after my shower and I don't think ever woke up all night until the rude awakening of the alarm).
Soup
Name one thing you miss about being a child.
Name one thing you miss about being a child.
Being over-the-top excited about birthdays and Halloween and Christmas. I'll never feel quite like that ever again. This reminds me of the butterflies in my stomach feeling I would even get on the first day of school--could barely eat anything for breakfast. Nothing ever feels like that now. The closest I get to it is when I have travelled somewhere new.
Salad
Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
Butt-ah, bay-bee...yeah, I am a butter addict. Although olive oil is good stuff, too. Margarine...ech! I can't even stand the smell of it, so forget about ever cooking with it or eating it.
Main Course
If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
Italian--it sounds so beautiful to my ear. Whenever I hear it spoken, I want so badly to speak like that, too.
Dessert
Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
....getting grey hairs and acting a little bit more mature, at least. (I'll be 50).
Anyone else care to share their own "Friday Feast"?
6 comments:
Wonderful Tina! I loved what you cooked up :) I'll dish out something of my own later when the techie who is comming this morning to set my two computers (one new, one old) into a network with my printer is gone. Toodles :)
I liked it! Mine is at my place. Come by and read!
previous one went without a few more words...
To this day, I always get butterflies for everything! Everything out of my routine gives me the goose bumps and butterflies in my stomach (one might say I kind of turn into an animal haha :-) ), but it is usually not out of excitment, but out of nervousness and frighten.
Ahh Italin...molto bello! ;-) It actually has a lot in common with Spanish I think;. It is a really pretty language.
I love the photo you posted :-))
The site where you found this survey on is an interesting one too btw!
I love to have butterflies, but I agree...nowadays one only experiences those when doing something extremely exciting lol.
I think I will get back to this when I have more time :)
I absolutely agree with you about missing the childhood thing. Nothing seems to measure up with that early Christmas morning excitement.
Post a Comment