Friday, September 5, 2008

The Queen has left the building....

The Queen is in the counting house..counting out her money--no-Wait!
The Queen has been extremely busy and has been a delinquent blogger again.
Actually, I am not "queenly" at all (and how I wish I had a counting house and stacks of money--shopping for school supplies and a new refrigerator has left me very poor) but this has been the ONLY sketchy thing I have painted in my art journal for weeks. There has been so much going on. I need a snowstorm or something--that will keep me stuck in the house for days.

I did want to thank everyone who left a comment and had such kind words for me about my grandmother's death. It hasn't been a devastating loss--just a sad mood to my days. Oddly, it hits me at the strangest times that I don't have her in my life anymore. Like one slow day at work this week when I was tidying up the greeting cards and saw the "Grandmother's Birthday" card and started to cry because it hit me then that I would never pick out one of those to send again.

9 comments:

Claus said...

Amazing art Tina!...the other day I tried to draw a bird. It came out so bad, so, so bad, that I had to throw it away. I remember being more or less OK in art class back in my teen years, but then I also remembered that was the only time I had crayons, colored pencils, brushes and paints around. Oh well...I suppose some things are not meant for everybody.

Time will help you heal Tina; it's a very recent loss, and one is human. Family and friends, as well as work (in my own experience) help a lot. Stay strong and be well. *hugs*

Manders said...

I know it is tough. I still miss my Granny even though it has been years since she passed away.

We don't fault you for not blogging, although I did miss your blogs. We all get busy. That's life.

I love the picture, too! I am not an artist at all. I guess I will have to stick with music!

Hugs to you!

Content in a Cottage said...

I love your new portrait of The Queen. You are so talented.

You will always miss your grandmother. Just be glad you had her for as long as you did.

SandraG said...

Jim had the same experience last Valentine's Day when he couldn't understand why I was only buying one "Mother" card. It was the first year I only needed one. :-(

I still miss my dad who died when I was 10. I know he would have been delighted with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Gal Friday said...

Claudia,
Gee, thanks, but in all honestly, I think this is not one of the best things I have done. It is very rough. I was just messing around with what started with red paint and postage stamps and a queen evolved out of that(and she turned out to look exactly like a cashier at the supermarket where I shop).
I tried drawing a bird recently, too, and it came out pretty bad. I tend to draw mostly sad and somewhat alienated people, concentrating on their faces. They just come out of my head. I don't why...I guess we all have something in us(or outside of us) that inspires us and we should stick to what we enjoy drawing/creating. I know you have creative talents, Claudia. Maybe you will discover this weekend that you are an excellent Madeleine maker? ;-)

Gal Friday said...

*Manders,
See, now I realise how lucky I was that I had my grandmother in my(our) life for so ong, while you lost yours early on. My other grandmother lived to age 90, but died before my daughter was born. I have very vivid memories about her, too.

*Content In A Cottage,
Yes, I do know that I am lucky that I had a grandmother who lived so long, as I just wrote to Amanda above. Also, my daughter really got to know her great-grandmother--though maybe not as the more feisty lady I knew growing up(she slowed down and became quieter as she aged, especially in the last few years)

cessie said...

I like your queen too, she has such a lofty air, she could fit well in a fairytale lol.

It's a loss and it will get to you now and then, it hurts 'cause she formed a part of your life for a long time.... and she still will but in another way, she will live in your heart as from now. There are so many memories, especially of her more vivid days, which will come and go.

Anonymous said...

Oh ! How I wish I could draw ! Such a pity I haven't inherited my mother's talent who is a self-taught painter. Although I don't understand much about art, I honestly think your painting is gorgeous. I'm also ..very poor right now and wish I were a queen counting her money. I guess both Alkis and me will have to work hard to make up for our 8-day holiday in a luxury suite of a 5 star hotel followed by ...the redecorating of my bathroom ! Just got the bill today ! Funnily enough, the euro disappears fast !

Anonymous said...

*hugs* Tina. I know she will be dearly missed as a part of your life, and those moments just hit you from time to time.

Love your drawing!! :) I so wish I could express myself that way.

Oh, you and me both need a snowstorm and a reason to be stuck inside!! Seems I will NEVER get on top of the mess this house is in.

You got a new refrigerator?! Congrats!!! Oh, I need one so bad... you wouldn't believe the shape mine is in, but it still works and they ARE so expensive!!

I think I'll be leaving multiply. I thought I had another plan but now I'm not so sure where I'll be... but I'll keep you posted!! :) Maybe here? LOL