Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday To The Lady Eve

It's my mother's 70th birthday today. Tonight there is big party for her, with relatives coming from overseas and other parts of this country for the event. Needless to say, she has been talking about this party (and the entire week of visitors) for months.
This somewhat shadowy photo is one of my favorite old photos of my mother (yes, even though my father cut off some of her head), and our cat Minou ( I only vaguely remember this first cat of my life), taken about 45 years ago. Also, I believe that is my foot at the bottom left.
She still owns (and wears!)the sweater she is wearing in the photo, too. And she still looks beautiful.

7 comments:

Claus said...

CONGRATULATIONS to your mom! Hope she has a great party! and tons of love and care demonstrations; having all those relatives coming just for her is one already!
FELICIDADES!

4streegrrl said...

Happy birthday to your mum!!! Goodness, to have relatives travel from far and wide to celebrate her very being is quite exciting! I hope she has a wonderful party and that there will be many, many more to come. :)

Manders said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Many more happy returns!!

Patricia said...

I felt very touched by this entry....Happy birthday and all the best wishes to your mum and you!:)

Content in a Cottage said...

I am sending my best birthday wishes to your beautiful mother. I love the fact that she still has that sweater.

Meg said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! I hope she's enjoyed being spoiled and has had a wonderful day!!

Arty said...

That's beautiful, I'm so happy for you and your mum because it shows you love and admire her a lot. Hronia polla to your mum :)