Decorated house in Wickford, Rhode IslandI got this "Listen, Watch, Read" (from Wednesday Media Mix)idea from 4streegrrl's blog:
Listen: See if you can come up with 3 songs with the word “ghost” in the title.
Walking With The Ghost ~ Tegan and Sara
Ghost Town ~ The Specials
I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance ~ Chet Baker
This gave me an idea to create a Halloween mixtape at Mixwit, of course!
Listen: See if you can come up with 3 songs with the word “ghost” in the title.
Walking With The Ghost ~ Tegan and Sara
Ghost Town ~ The Specials
I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance ~ Chet Baker
This gave me an idea to create a Halloween mixtape at Mixwit, of course!
1.The Specials - Ghost Town
2.Tegan and Sara - Walking With a Ghost
3.Vince Guaraldi Trio - Great Pumpkin Waltz
4.Siouxsie and the Banshees - Halloween
5.Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You
6.Erase Errata - Boris the Spider
7.The Cramps - Goo goo muck
8.Nightmare Before Christmas - This Is Halloween
9.Shriekback - Nemesis
10.Various - The Addams Family
11.The Creepshow - Creatures Of The Night
12.Alice Cooper - This House Is Haunted
Watch: Are you planning on watching any horror movies this week? If so, which ones? Not a horror film fan ( a real wimp), so no, not planning on watching anything spooky (or bloody or grisly). I can recommend two chilling and intelligent ghost movies, that I have seen before. The Others (with Nicole Kidman) and El Orfanato (The Orphanage by the same director of Pan's Labyrinth) For fun, Young Frankenstein is always a hoot. I recently re-watched that.
Read: Name a scene in a book that gave you chills.
Fairly recently, I got spooked at the culminating scene at the end of John Harwood's The Ghost Writer (appropriate, hmmm....?). I had been anticpating all along what did eventually come true, but the way it was described was chilling, indeed.



4 comments:
That Mixwit site is pretty cool, I'll have to check it out. I remember that "Boris the Spider" song... LOL!!!
Well, go figure I couldn't even think of songs with ghost in the title... except for Casper, the friendly ghost!! I'm not planning on watching any special horror movies, but I do tend to see them on the weekends anyway... hubby tends to pick out thrillers or horrors to watch late at night. Some thrillers really do creep me out though. Usually horror movies are not so realistic... but thrillers can be scary and real. I think I've seen it all, and more than I ever wanted to... but some movies just have you thinking for days afterward. One thriller was "Fun Games". Horrible. I still think about that one. Well the ending still creeps me out... but I won't say more.
I like the songs! I hadn't heard some of them...now I'm trying to figure out how to find them so I can copy them to my mp3 player!
I usually watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" but I missed it this year. That is a classic! I think that it'll just be The Nightmare Before Christmas instead (I loved that song!!) I suppose you could always rent Corpse Bride for a little extra Tim Burton animated fun.
I agree with your choice in movies, especially "The Others", it's beautifully built and acted. I'm not a horror movie fan either...
All I could think of was Ghostbuster! :-)) and your tape selection is really good. The only one I know is This is Halloween from The Nightmare before Christmas, but then again, that's one of my favorite movies, which I might watch tonight. I am NOT up for anything bloody or chilling, or else I won't be able to sleep. Monster's house is on, as well as Ghostbusters, so I might go with that :-)
Post a Comment