Gingerbread cookies (35 skeletons and 1 ghost) made rather late last night. I got the idea from Rosemary's blog.In my tired state, I *thought* the colored tissue paper I arranged them on for the photo was orange. Only realised when loading the photo this morning that it was Christmas red. Oh well. Happy Halloween and Merry Christmas...and all that jazz.
14 comments:
The cookies are WONDERFUL.
Thanks for the mention.
Merry Hallowe'en to you too!
♥Rosemary
Red is...still a shade of orange as orange is a shade of red...ha ha ha! They look wonderful and I bet they're so yummy too! Happy Halloween!
cookies!! I love cookies :-) and these look really good...the red might be some sort of blood pond the skeletons are in!...no wait, that's too "bloody" macabre :-)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Very clever deisgn indeed! I am getting hungry now!
In my part of the world, I am the only person to celebrate Halloween and most people think I'm crazy ! Today, I told my Intermediate kids (12year olds) about Halloween. Only a few of them knew what Halloween really is. Having explained them, I showed them a video and then went on to a speaking activity.
One of my kids had to start a spooky story and the other kids had to add something to complete it. I wrote it down to revise for corrections next lesson.
It was a very dark night in Larnaca...but it was hot so I went to the beach to meet my friends...while I was talking to them I heard a terrible scream....the girls were scared but I wasn't.... I went to see what was going on.... That was when I saw the headless horseman !....His head was rolling along the beach...strange how he could still laugh and say .....i will take my blood back !!!
I love your Halloween cookies. Great idea !
Anastasia,
I am pleasantly surprised to learn you love all things spooky and Halloween-ish! I read your blog today, but as when I have tried on a few other occasions there, my comment would not appear.(I don't know what I am doing wrong, because I have left comments there before)
I am waiting for the first little "trick-or-treaters" to arrive at my door and eating some of the delicious choclates you sent me--much too exquisite to share--they are all MINE tonight! ;-)
Update on the cookies...there is ONE left!! (I brought some in to work with me today)
Only one cookie left! I love cookies. They are my downfall and yours look wonderful!
How neat! The cookies look wonderful!! It's a good thing we didn't have you at my office today! We'd all have been gorging ourselves on your cookies!!
Tina, my comments on Typepad are open to public without any identification (CAPTCHA) but I must approve them before I publish them, so it may take a while especially if I am not online when you post your comment. In the past I had different settings - CAPTCHA and email address required as most people do on Typepad...but hardly anyone left a comment. So, I changed the settings.
By the way, Miss R had a brilliant idea! Especially because Sarah Palin gives me the willies !
OK ..end of digression ...any spooky cookies left for me ???
Oh no ! Just one left ? That's for me!!!! I hope it's....a headless horseman !
Glad to hear the chocolates did not melt on the way...considering our high temperatures for this time of year.
Merry Christmas to you, too!! ;-)Confession: My son has already watched The Polar Express!!
Oh, aren't they cute!!! :) Would love to have one of those cookies!!! And the red is orange enough... LOL!!
Post a Comment