Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just like George Costanza...


....I'm getting neurotic about this draining, ugly never-ending election.

**********************************************************************************************

"I can't take much more of this. Two weeks to go, and I'm at the end of my rope. I can't work. I can eat, but mostly standing up. I'm anxious all the time and taking it out on my ex-wife, which, ironically, I'm finding enjoyable. This is like waiting for the results of a biopsy. Actually, it's worse. Biopsies only take a few days, maybe a week at the most, and if the biopsy comes back positive, there's still a potential cure. With this, there's no cure. The result is final. Like death.
Five times a day I'll still say to someone, "I don't know what I'm going to do if McCain wins." Of course, the reality is I'm probably not going to do anything. What can I do? I'm not going to kill myself."
******************************************************************************
Read the rest, by Larry David (Seinfeld writer and the real-life "George"), here.
(and I say if McCain wins, I am moving to....Germany. But I can't really back that up, either. Obama better win this thing, that is all.)

6 comments:

cessie said...

Would be fun to have you a little closer lol.
But I think you would miss the ocean and *a lot* of other things when living on this side of the Atlantic ;-)
Have a great weekend!

Content in a Cottage said...

I enjoyed reading the entire article by Larry David. I too am feeling his pain. Thanks...I never would have found this without you.
♥Rosemary

SandraG said...

I feel your pain having just endured a Canadian election but at least our process is short although not sweet!

Manders said...

We are getting tired of your election up here, as well. When is it over???

Claus said...

If moving to another country was the easiest solution to everybody...I don't think there would be a country filled with its own citizens!! :-))

Anastasia said...

im on the other side of the world and Im hanging for it to end too...most of my friends over there say they'll move to Australia if McCain wins...ha!! hey you're all welcome!