Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weebles....


...wobble.

But,

they don't fall down.






Being that I am a child of the 70's, I remember this particular Halloween-themed television commercial well. My baby brother had Weebles (although never had the Haunted House and glow-in-the-dark Weeble ghost--darn!)

Come to think of it, Weebles would be a most excellent pet name ("Come here, Weebles..!"). Of course, I have already decided that my next pet, be it a dog (keep saying I am getting a greyhound for my 50th birthday) or cat, will be called Fenway. Unless they look more like a Weeble.

6 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Very cute! I loved yesterday's photo of Jewel curled up on her pillow. ♥Rosemary

Claus said...

Fenway is a great name!!...to me it sounds more like a cat name, unless it is a fast dog...why am I thinking of speed all of the sudden? maybe "Fenway" gives me that "vibe" :-))

Cute add!! the little characters look familiar; maybe they came to Guatemala at some point in the early 80's. Everything came way later here (still does sometimes), so it might be possible.

4streegrrl said...

I remember the Weebles! I don't think I owned any as a kid - I think I had enough playthings that had multiple accessories. ;)

Meg said...

I remember Weebles!! I think my sisters and I had some of those but not the haunted house ones.

Manders said...

I never had any...Although they look interesting...

Anonymous said...

Cute... I remember the "weebles wobble but they don't fall down"... didn't know they had a haunted house!!! I never had any weebles!! Weebles would make a cute pet name!! :) Fenway will be cool for a greyhound though!!