I was trying to daydream,
but my mind
kept wandering.....
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Cozy Evening In ~ Cold Night Out
Since it was so, so cold out last night (well below 20*F), it was a perfect night to spend indoors in front of the fire (even nicer with a Cosmopolitan or two) with friends and hearty Thanksgiving food.
I only remembered at the last minute to get a photo of my green beans, but by the end of the night, I completely forgot to take a picture of my beautiful (if I may say so myself) Indian Pudding. There was nothing left and I brought home an empty bowl. I am definitely making it again, though.
Thanks, Cessie, I AM quite proud of my Cosmo/fire photo I took one other, which made it look as if it were on fire! I was staring into the flames(as is natural to do when sitting in front of a fire--it is mesmerizing)and noticed how beautiful it looked through the glass in front of me, so got up and got my camera. I'm glad I did.
There's nothing like a great meal shared with good friends by the fire on cold winter nights. It's been really gloomy and stormy and rainy over here this weekend although it isn't very cold yet...To me 20C is cold!! I spent the weekend at home mostly in bed as I was suffering from hypothermia because of a ..cold mask my beautician had suggested on Friday! Oh my ! My temperature had dropped to 33C ! But I'm OK now. Your green beans look super. Indian pudding? Sounds exotic!
4 comments:
Great photo of the cosmo at the fire ;-)
And the green beans look yummie as does the rest of the food! Looks like a well spent cozy night to me!!
Thanks, Cessie,
I AM quite proud of my Cosmo/fire photo
I took one other, which made it look as if it were on fire!
I was staring into the flames(as is natural to do when sitting in front of a fire--it is mesmerizing)and noticed how beautiful it looked through the glass in front of me, so got up and got my camera. I'm glad I did.
There's nothing like a great meal shared with good friends by the fire on cold winter nights. It's been really gloomy and stormy and rainy over here this weekend although it isn't very cold yet...To me 20C is cold!! I spent the weekend at home mostly in bed as I was suffering from hypothermia because of a ..cold mask my beautician had suggested on Friday! Oh my ! My temperature had dropped to 33C ! But I'm OK now. Your green beans look super. Indian pudding? Sounds exotic!
Sounds like you had a lovely time. The fire looks divine!
Post a Comment