
..entry before I get myself to bed. I am very sleepy and who knows what drivel I'll write.
I just finished in the kitchen. Gawd, what a mess! I fixed a green bean dish (very pretty with sauteed mushrooms and those little pearl onions)for tomorrow's Alterna-Thanksgiving Dinner party (not here). And I also pre-measured all the ingredients for the Indian Pudding, so the daughter and husband can get started on it before I get home. Yes, I am working a Saturday tomorrow. I am hoping to sneak out early so I can be a little relaxed before going out . I hate rushing off to anything social without first coming home to get a little introvert "me" time. I hate rushing, in general.
Here's where I brag about my Wonder Girl (who is still battling that cold that started last weekend, poor thing). Yes, that's my daughter's report card above. I am ever so proud of my girl, who works hard and her grades are showing it. (besides her homework and studying, she has been involved in Cross-Country, Yearbook, Band, Chorus and The Madrigal Singers this fall.)
I just hope she will always be motivated to excel, and excited about school like she is now. I am thinking of treating her to either a movie ("Twilight"?) and Cafe Mocha afterwards, or a little mall shopping soon. (because "we NEVER go to the mall...", as she told me a few weeks ago)
8 comments:
Wow for the grades indeed (I had to look up the scale first ;-). I can imagine you are so proud and happy for you! Yes and she has the 'mall-age', I can sooo remember me liking that at that age. Hmm, long time ago already ;-)
The green bean dish sounds great, do you have a photo of it? I'm really curious! Wish you a wonderful party!! It's one of the traditions I like a lot in your culture!
She is amazing! She deserves "going to the mall"!;) You must be the proudest of all mothers!
I also hate rushing, but I always do rush, must be one of Murphy's laws...
what good grades!!!!!!!!
Wow, those are some incredible grades!! She should be very proud of herself!! She definitely deserves something for that!!
I have to agree with Marcelle...the green bean dish sounds wonderful. The Indian Pudding also sounds interesting.
She really deserves a treat, with those grades!! Good for her!!
Strange - - -when I got grades like this, I didn't receive any reward. I think my mother was numb from the shock!
Those are some outstanding grades!! Congrats to R!! and of course to the proud mom :-) A movie/cafe mocha/mall visit well deserved. Good for her, and hopefully she will have such a good school energy for a long time.
Wow, great grades Miss R!! No wonder you are a proud Mummy Gal!
I hope you have a lovely mother/daughter treat! xxxx
Post a Comment