Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Flickr Mosaic


This took up quite a bit of my time this evening, but it is fun and well worth it! What you do is this:
You answer 12 questions, and then use those answers to search Flickr.
1. You have to type your answer to each of the 12 questions listed below into Flickr Search.
2. Then, using only the first page of search results, pick one image.
3. Copy & paste the URL for each image into this cool mosaic maker (after adjusting it to make sure there are 12 squares).
4. You then put the photos you get as search results into a mosaic, that while are not your images (I have the credits listed for the talented photographers in a list below, as well), but kind of describe you and your life in a visual feast of a photo collage (mosaic).

1. What is your first name? (Tina)
2. What is your favorite food? (nuts)
3. What high school did you go to? (North Kingstown High)
4. What is your favorite color? (orange)
5. Who is your celebrity crush? (Conan O'Brien)
6. Favorite drink? (wine)
7. Dream vacation? (Savannah, Georgia)
8. Favorite dessert? (Key Lime Pie)
9. What did you want to be when you grew up? (artist)
10. What do you love most in life? (curiousity)
11. One word to describe you. (sensitive)
12. Your own photo on Flikr. (I took a photo of these stone whippet statues in Charlestown, R.I. two summers ago)


1. Tina Fey, 2. Coffee Yoghurt Cashew Nuts Cake, 3. Wickford, RI, 4. Orange as any orange on a tree, 5. Conan Backstage, 6. wine pour, 7. springtime in savannah., 8. Key Limmmmmmmme, 9. impulse, 10. Curiousity, 11. A Caring Caress, 12. Lined up

9 comments:

Gal Friday said...

Coffee Yoghurt Cashew Nuts Cake
Key Lime Pie
I'm hungry......

Patricia said...

I'll be terrible late cause I've just done it, I'll post it later on my bog. Unfortunately my own photo at the end is not showing, I don't know why, I'll just post it separately...This was great fun!

Marcelle said...

Hello there
Popping in to say hello, have been in Cape Town, South Africa for the last 3 months and not had much internet access...but now am back and will be visiting more often.
Hope you well??
Take care
Marcelle

Patricia said...

Shoot! I was about to post it, but somehow the code didn't work...how come I wonder? I will remake it this weekend when I've got more time on my hand.:(

Gal Friday said...

~Pati,
I warned you that it would take up a lot of your time!! LOL!
It happened to me, too, that a few of the boxes ended up blank (supposedly because the photog. hadn't signed on to agree to allow the mosaic maker access?), so I had to go back and edit with two different photos.
Also...what I did was copied and saved as a jpg.., the photo collage, then copied the html code below the mosaic so the credits(with links to Flickr) would show.
I hope it won'y be too much trouble for you to finally get your mosaic up on your blog, because you know I am very nterested to see yours. :-)

~ Hello Marcelle!
You were gone in Cape Town for quite some time, weren't you? I'll have to "stop by" your blog soon, to see what's new...

Claus said...

Looks and sounds like fun! Will try it.
I like what the picture representing your favorite color, and the one for answer number 11.

cessie said...

I like the mosaic! I can imagine it took you some time to make it. The result is very colourful and unique I think!

Arty said...

I'd love to do this but I'm afraid I don't have the patience lately lol..Sounds very interesting though.
Hope you're great Tina.. :)

Content in a Cottage said...

What fun. Something else to keep me from cleaning house. Yippee.
♥Rosemary