I was jolted out of a dream by the obnoxious alarm this morning. Just as I was peering down into a giant tub of Brussel Sprouts, too.... If it hadn't been for the alarm, I might have had a more interesting blog for today. (where might those brussel sprouts have taken me?)
The picture up top has absolutely nothing to do with dreams, alarm clocks or brussel sprouts, of course. Audrey and Sam have both featured pictures of their current desktop , and the delectable Dachshund doggie in a bun (from Cute Overload) is my current desktop. Every day when I turn the computer on, I just melt when see that adorable wiener pup and just want
to b-i-t-e (in a good, kissing way, mind you) it's vulnerable little skull.
I am in a quandary today. I have to investigate and decide which Indian Pudding recipe I'll use for an alternative Thanksgiving Dinner (with friends-no family) we are invited to this Saturday. I've got about four different cook books out and various printed-out-from-the-web recipes scattered around. One even from Boston's legendary Durgin Park (since 1827) which has been serving it for years.
My mind is boggling at all the ways it can be made--cooked, baked (some recipes say one hour--some say three to five hours!), baked and steamed (traditional) and even in a slow-cooker!!
What to do, what to do.... I'm having Indian Pudding Recipe Overload!
I don't know why I make things so complicated for myself.
7 comments:
"I don't know why I make things so complicated for myself."
This is sooo recognizable to me! Literally the story of my life *sigh*.
I love the Brussel sprouts in your dream, curious how they ended up in your dream too. Would love to have some for dinner soon!
The wiener dog is cute :-)
Hi there!! Oh, that cute pic gave me my warm fuzzies for the day... so cute!! :) And believe me, I need warmth... it is FREEZING here this week... brrrr. Winter has struck!! We may get some snow showers here and there throughout the week.
Hard to believe it's already Thanksgiving next week!! And believe it or not, I don't know what Indian pudding is, but I'll bet it is good!!
I'm still in a state of seasonal blahs myself, and it's only Tuesday and I'm already just too tired to get out of bed in the mornings!! *yawn* The cold just makes me want to hibernate. Nothing exciting going on at all lately. Perhaps that is part of the reason for the blahs... just same old routine and nothing new or exciting? Hmmm.
So what is it with the brussel sprouts, I wonder? I guess you wonder too? :)
*hugs* Have a good rest of the week and a fun Saturday with friends!!
A hot dog I wouldn't want to eat! This photo is so darn cute!
That little hot dog needs mustard. I tend to agonize over things like Indian Pudding too. Good luck. I am sure it will be delicious.
♥Rosemary
Oh what a DARLING puppy! It makes me doggy broody for when my 'kids' were that tiny lol
I'm no good with puddings so I wouldnt know what to take to the Thanksgiving do. I'd take a chocolate fudge cake and home made ice cream or a pasta dish *shrug* damned IBS!
Wish you had another 10 minutes with your dream! xx
I still haven't settled on which pudding recipe, but I have since found out it'll be my husband (!) who'll have to make it since I am working all day on Saturday. So..I am trying to make sure the directions are clear and the recipe isn't too crazy with all kinds of steps.
~~ Duskie, Didn't you grow up in Massachusetts? I am a little surprised that you never heard of Indian Pudding before. We never had it at home(my mother is German), but I remember tasting it at friend's houses.(always warm, with vanilla ice cream on top)
Stay tuned, because I think I'll ost the recipe soon.....
I hear you on being tired. I am worst in the evenings after work. It is that time of the year again. I make a few cups of tea(or one cup of coffee) after supper these days to keep me awake
Post a Comment