I was trying to daydream,
but my mind
kept wandering.....
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Beach Treasures....
...from probably my last beach walk of 2008.
11 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Oh the beach,long to be there right now lol.But Im living where it will be cold for about 4 more months maybe.Thanks for the comment on Artys page.I knew it took a while but this long is really disgusting.Christmas and her birthday are gone now.Oh well I cant do a thing about it.I just hope it gets there really soon.
I miss being able to walk on the beach and pick up neat things like that! When I lived in Washington, it was possible to go out to the beach and find neat things, but there aren't any beaches near me now. Is one of those shells a mussel?
Ahhh, so nice to think of the beach right now... it has snowed here again and now we have brutally cold and gusty winds and a "real feel" temperature of zero.
Those are lovely treasures you found!!!
Happy New Year to you and yours....may 2009 be a very good year!! *hugs*
Becky, I love going on walks on the bach any time of year and go more often, actually, in the winter and early spring. It WAS pretty cold there the other day and I didn't stay long, though.
Manders, Well, I am sure you have much more snow than we do right now. Actualy, there will be fresh dsnow ON the beach today(going down at noon to see the annual Polar Bear Plunge into the icy water)
Arty, Everyday of the year, there are at least a few people(and dogs) on our beach, no matter the weather) The shell is a clam shell--there are even larger sea clam shells(people used to use those as ash trays..)
Meg, I bet you miss it--I have seen photos of the beaches on the Washington coast--really beautiful. Yes, that is a mussel shell--so easy to break them and I am surprised I got it home intact.
Protege, The flat land and proximity of the sea here might be very similar to the landscape of Denmark, actually. I don't know how well I would do, living to far from the ocean, because I love it, too.Nice to have "met" you in 2008 and A Happy New Year to you, too!
Duskie, Happy New Year to you--hope 2009 is good to you and your husband and all your feline friends. It got very cold here, too--10*F right now--and we got snow. It is actually a nice, clean way to begin the new year, I think.
Happy New Year, Pati!! I was on the beach today, but it was so cold I didn't even look for any stones or shells and I was aso preoccupied with watching the people running into the water.
11 comments:
Oh the beach,long to be there right now lol.But Im living where it will be cold for about 4 more months maybe.Thanks for the comment on Artys page.I knew it took a while but this long is really disgusting.Christmas and her birthday are gone now.Oh well I cant do a thing about it.I just hope it gets there really soon.
I wish I had a beach outside my back door...Instead there is more snow!
That's a large shell..nice treasures :) Walks on the beach would be impossible here these days but it's totally enjoyable going for a stroll..
It will get here eventually Becky :)
I miss being able to walk on the beach and pick up neat things like that! When I lived in Washington, it was possible to go out to the beach and find neat things, but there aren't any beaches near me now. Is one of those shells a mussel?
Very pretty, I love the beach and the sea. Glad you got to take this last walk.;)
Happy New Year and all the best in 2009 to you and yours.;))
Ahhh, so nice to think of the beach right now... it has snowed here again and now we have brutally cold and gusty winds and a "real feel" temperature of zero.
Those are lovely treasures you found!!!
Happy New Year to you and yours....may 2009 be a very good year!! *hugs*
I love walking on the beach at this time of the year! Crispy but lovely!
Becky,
I love going on walks on the bach any time of year and go more often, actually, in the winter and early spring. It WAS pretty cold there the other day and I didn't stay long, though.
Manders,
Well, I am sure you have much more snow than we do right now. Actualy, there will be fresh dsnow ON the beach today(going down at noon to see the annual Polar Bear Plunge into the icy water)
Arty,
Everyday of the year, there are at least a few people(and dogs) on our beach, no matter the weather)
The shell is a clam shell--there are even larger sea clam shells(people used to use those as ash trays..)
Meg,
I bet you miss it--I have seen photos of the beaches on the Washington coast--really beautiful. Yes, that is a mussel shell--so easy to break them and I am surprised I got it home intact.
Protege,
The flat land and proximity of the sea here might be very similar to the landscape of Denmark, actually. I don't know how well I would do, living to far from the ocean, because I love it, too.Nice to have "met" you in 2008 and A Happy New Year to you, too!
Duskie,
Happy New Year to you--hope 2009 is good to you and your husband and all your feline friends.
It got very cold here, too--10*F right now--and we got snow. It is actually a nice, clean way to begin the new year, I think.
Beautiful! I'd love to see the first you get to pick in the 2009!
Happy New Year to you and your lovely family, Tina! xxx
Happy New Year, Pati!!
I was on the beach today, but it was so cold I didn't even look for any stones or shells and I was aso preoccupied with watching the people running into the water.
Post a Comment