This is almost a "oh-woe-is-me", cranky Sat. morning entry. I was asked to come in to work today and even though I of course was looking forward to not being at that place for two days (especially after a crazy and exhausting Friday on the job), I said "why, yes I would come in."i need
more time..more time to get things done here at home and more time in general.
more time..more time to get things done here at home and more time in general.
i want
a job where there isn't so much drama sometimes. Not having to deal with the general public might be nice for a time, too. (yeah, yeah...I know deep down that I am lucky to have a job in this economy...but....gotta complain anyway.)
a job where there isn't so much drama sometimes. Not having to deal with the general public might be nice for a time, too. (yeah, yeah...I know deep down that I am lucky to have a job in this economy...but....gotta complain anyway.)
i listen
to silence on a Satuday morning. No birds singing, everyone else asleep...only the hum of the monitor.
to silence on a Satuday morning. No birds singing, everyone else asleep...only the hum of the monitor.
i feel
drained and lifeless today--not the best way to begin the day.
i watch
it becoming lighter outside-- the sky a gentle baby aspirin peachy pink behind the trees
it becoming lighter outside-- the sky a gentle baby aspirin peachy pink behind the trees
i play
not so much lately--being on the internet for a half hour this morning is as close to playing as I might get today.
not so much lately--being on the internet for a half hour this morning is as close to playing as I might get today.
i read
Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gilman--got through two chapters only so far and nearly dropped it in the tub last night.
Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gilman--got through two chapters only so far and nearly dropped it in the tub last night.
i eat
some Trader Joe's boxed granola cereal and milk--not as good as I had hoped. Need (more time!) to make some granola from scratch...
some Trader Joe's boxed granola cereal and milk--not as good as I had hoped. Need (more time!) to make some granola from scratch...
*Update:
I am now at work and determined to be in a better mood. As I drove in, I listened to a radio account of living conditions in North Korea and the cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe. Makes my pitiful complaining seem pretty lame.
5 comments:
I sometimes feel the way you do, Tina - drained, stressed, lifeless and feel like venting and complaining about everything. And then, when I hear about children in Africa dying of famine, I feel so insignificant and so guilty for throwing away leftovers or complaining about trivial matters.
Your blog photo is a work of art! Have you ever thought of organising an exhibition of your paintings in a gallery?
That's life being as it is unfortunately. I feel as Anastasia above too, guilty when I throw away leftovers when so many are dying per minute.
I just feel sad. Three more Canadian boys (they are all so young) were killed yesterday in Afghanistan. What a sad Christmas this will be for their families.
Hey, you're entitled to feel cranky... you're only human, and life can be darn aggravating!! Oh, I'm with you about needing more time... I just said that in your other post actually!! :) The older I get, the less time there seems to be to get things done. And work makes it so hard... 'cause after work I'm out of energy to get things done! *sigh* Well, since I'm reading backwards I now know you had a nice Sunday, so glad you had that... too bad you had to work Saturday!! *hugs*
Post a Comment