***********
*****
I just finished watching Hitchcock's "North By Northwest" for probably the fifth(or sixth?) time in my life, and it still thrills me and makes me say, "Now, that is a great movie" when it ends. And, is there nothing more romantic than the relationship between Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint in this?
Anyway, I am off to snuggle a little more on the couch with my Mr. F and then to bed. And I will not let those damned flannel sheets trick me and lull me into sleeping late tomorrow morning with their all-enveloping somnolent, warm allure. I stayed in bed as late as 8:00 again this morning!! That's actually really late for me....and I always feel like I am wasting my day off if I sleep past 7:00. I enjoy-no, I treasure-- my hour or two to myself in the mornings Just me and my coffee, NPR on the radio and the dog by my side (sometimes. This past week she has preferred to be on the bed with the sleeping Mr. F.)
So yeah, looking forward to my Sunday, since for most of today I was thinking it was Sunday and thinking it was back to the Monday grind tomorrow. Then it hit me--it's still only Saturday!!
I have one more day to play!
I guess, since I had worked the last few Saturdays, that I forgot what it was like to have a two day weekend.

7 comments:
I am confused abut days too. I thought Friday was Saturday. If there wasn't church today, I wouldn't know what day it is. Ah well . . . tomorrow is back to "normal" whatever that is!
Sandra,
The holidays in the middle of the week have trhown everyone off, as well.
I have been confused lately too...thinking every day was Monday. We gained an extra second in 2008 and you have already gained an extra day in 2009. Enjoy it to the fullest...Rosemary
8:00 is late for you? We have been sleeping in far too much, as well. Tomorrow will be a rude awakening, as my father would say.
At least we have one more day to hang out with coffee and relax!!
The more I know you, the more I discover things we share in common. Alfred Hitchcock, for instance. When I was 10-12, there was a TV show in Cyprus called : "Alfred Hitchcock Presents". Alfred Hitchcock himself would introduce the film and comment on it. I remember it was on every Friday, but as I had school on Saturdays in those days, mum wouldn't always let me watch it! My most favourite Hitchcock films are The Birds and Psycho!...I've got one more day to play ...tomorrow is Epiphany and the last day of the holiday season over here. I'm back to school on Wednesday! Hope the transition is a smooth one!
Sounds like a good classic movie that I've never seen... I'll have to look for this one!
Sounds like you were ready for a lovely Sunday too, and hope it turned out that way. Nice that you had a two-day weekend for a change!! :)
I know what you mean... I love to sleep till I'm ready to wake up, but when I get really behind schedule I am also frustrated that I've lost so much of the day too... LOL... can't have it both ways I guess. I successfully got my days and nights turned around during my time off though... and today was back to work, and ugh 6:30 a.m. was cruel...... but it was inevitable. There's a price for everything... but being lazy at home was GOOD.... only makes me want more.... now that is bad. LOL
~ Duskie,
I'm glad you had that time off --I guess sleeping in is good for the body, too.
Our alarm went off at 6:30 today as well, and my husband had a hard time getting up, after his 12 day vacation at home.
Post a Comment