Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Collage

I was looking at the black and white world
It seemed so exciting
If you'd only put me back to back with that girl
When the night's inviting
With just a little lighting
There'll never be days like that again.......
**
But you're never gonna feel a fraction
Of the way it used to work on your imagination
When you were looking at the black and white world...
***
"Black And White World" ~ Elvis Costello

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just so happens that I love the black and white world - especially in photography. I love this collage and the words which ..illustrate it, although to be honest I've never heard of Elvis Costello before.

Zuzana said...

Black and white pictures are always more alluring than colored ones, mostly due to the mystery. The absence of colors triggers our imaginations, making anything we want possible.
I also find the contrast in such pictures much more obvious.;)
A beautiful collage, may I add.;)

Anonymous said...

Love the collage.... wow. I wish I had your creativity!!! I love the stuff you put together!!

Gal Friday said...

~Anastasia,
I love the simplicity and look of shades of grey and/or black and white--photos old movies, pen and ink art--guess we have that in common. I might have to make a CD of Elvis C.'s music for you... ;-)

~Protege,
Another fan of the black and white! Thanks for the comment about my collage--it actually didn't turn out quite the way I had wanted it to (a glob of glue got onto a part where it wasn't supposed to go and dried there so I had to add some elements to "cover it up").

~~ Thanks, Duskie!
I can never throw away certain postcards, stamps and other things on paper, so eventually I make them into a little collage.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I can still leave comments on here, but let's see if this takes...! Wonderful collage, I love it! That Singer Sargent painting is a favourite of mine, I'm an Elvis Costello fan, and Audrey... well, need I say more? (I'm glad to see the stamps go to such good use!) This is one of my favourite things you've done!
~kate :)x