

Another somewhat Manic Monday:
Do you have any idiosyncrasies or unusual quirks when it comes to food and/or eating? If I am eating alone, I have to have something to read while I eat--even junk mail, will do. But I can't simply sit there and just chew.
Have you ever written love letters? Yes--to J, years before we married, though. He traveled and had a few jobs out of state for periods of time in the first year I knew him. This was way before most of us had access to e-mail and I am glad that we wrote snail mail back and forth.
If so, do you still have any of them? Yes, I have the letters--most of the correspondence from both of us because we ended up marrying (duh..) and he gave me the bundle of the letters I sent him a few years ago and I then dug out the letters and postcards he sent me, so we now have the complete set. ;-)
How easy or difficult is it for you to say you're sorry?
At work, if I make a mistake and it is clearly my fault or even partly my fault, I apologise right away. I feel so guilty and want to own up and correct it if I can.
If so, do you still have any of them? Yes, I have the letters--most of the correspondence from both of us because we ended up marrying (duh..) and he gave me the bundle of the letters I sent him a few years ago and I then dug out the letters and postcards he sent me, so we now have the complete set. ;-)
How easy or difficult is it for you to say you're sorry?
At work, if I make a mistake and it is clearly my fault or even partly my fault, I apologise right away. I feel so guilty and want to own up and correct it if I can.
However...in my relationship with J, I get a little stubborn and it takes me longer to come out and apologise. I don't know why that is. (typical power struggle?) If I have done something I feel I should apologise for with my daughter, I almost always make it a point to say I am sorry before she goes to sleep at night.
6 comments:
I so understand about the "just sitting there and chewing", I also tend to read something while eating.;)
And love letters are the best, so romantic, more people should still be writing them, as nothing is more personal.;)
Unfortunately the art of letter writing is almost dead. A shame too. Letters I have found written years before I was born are fascinating. I often wonder what our children will find fascinating.
I too like to read while eating. I think it's a form of socializing when we're alone. Meals are so often offered when people are present and perhaps we try to simulate that with books when we're alone.
I'm the same as you in #1...gotta always have something to read.
Aw, I love the love letter thing. Very romantic!
(It's always nice to meet another online "gal.")
Jonathan and I used to write a lot, as well. We had a journal when we were on Morning Star that we would write in and then after Morning Star, we continued to send cards, letters, etc. (he was in Edmonton and I was in Calgary.) I bring them out every once and a while for a good reminder of how we got started.
I, too, read and eat at the same time - if alone. I am getting better at the apologizing thing with my family (Jonathan and the kids, though!)
Hi - thanks for stopping by. Cool answers. I like your blog. We like a lot of the same things. :-) I will be back.
Post a Comment