_________________________________________________
I so need this, even if it is only for a day and a half, even though it is only 90 minutes away and if anything, colder than it here now. Yep, I'll be up in Boston with my Valentine for the weekend (our idea of a romantic city, believe it or not, since Mr. Friday proposed to me there 17 years ago on Valentine's Day).
I hope to take a walk through the public garden and Common , and maybe we'll even skate on the Frog Pond.
There are plenty more beautiful shots like the snow couple at this site, many of Boston but also from all over the world. They were taken by a talented photographer, Kalim Saliba, who was kind enough to allow me to use his photo here.
One more thing......I want to thank my "Mainiac" friend (exiled in Florida for the time being), Roseann, for giving this blog an award-- a "warm and fuzzy" one.

10 comments:
Have a great stay in Boston and a really lovely Valentine's Day.;))
And a BIG congratulations on your award.;))
I love the picture, by the way.;)
xoxo
Z
Boston's a great city. I was there a few years ago, visited The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Quincy Market. Lots of energy there. Have a fun weekend!
Enjoy every minute of this week-end!:)
I hope you have/had a great trip with hubby to Boston :)
love that picture : ) also, question? the robyn hitchcock you're listening to...is he the robyn from robyn hitchcock and the egyptians from years ago? globe of frogs?
What a great picture.... love it!! And I hope you had a wonderful romantic weekend!! :) It's great how you and hubby keep romance alive!
Congrats on your award too!! You do write an awesome blog!!
~~Protege,
We DID have one heck of a time in Boston (wore our feet out, too). If you get a chance, you realy should check out the rest of the photos at the site where I found the photo.
~~Joanne,
I have been to the Gardner Museum with my husband before and I would have liked to go back(the courtyard with all the growing trees inside is an oasis of green in winter)but we just couldn't squeeze it in this time....
~~Pati,
Thanks!! We did... ;-)
~~Roseann,
I wish we could have stayed a week..
~~ C.K.,
Yes, that is the Robyn Hitchcock--I am so pleased to learn you know him(as well as having "kerfuffle" in your blog name). I pulled out an older CD(early 90's), but he dseems to constantly be putting out CD's(a recent one by him-"Ole Tarantula" is really great!) still. I *think* there is a new one ready to be released any day now.
aren't those beautiful shots! Wow!
omg on robyn! i guy i crushed on in college introduced me to globe of frogs, the only robyn i'd ever heard. i used to have the cassette tape : ) ah, memories.
What a romantic getaway! I just hope that one day Alkis and I will spend Valentine's Day in Fribourg, Switzerland. That's where we first met and fell in love. He proposed to me 7 years later in Geneva where we got married.
Post a Comment