I just haven't been able to get back into the blogging groove since the weekend, so this probably will be brief. Just a few words to say I survived a spectacular weekend of culinary excess, plenty of canoodling with my romantic husband(although we did have a spat over map directions driving out of the city), some cultchah (Shepard Fairey exhibit at the ICA--was surprised how much I loved Fairey's work and the museum where I had never been before), and sore feet from all the walking we did. The photo is my favorite one from the whole weekend-- one of a pair of glossy white Audrey chairs I saw in the gift shop at the ICA.
We are still having mouse issues. Last night, J said he heard a slight rustling sound coming from the kitchen, so he went to the same cabinet where we caught the mouse last week. He opened the door to it and there was a little mouse, sitting up looking right at him. (if I could somehow describe my husband imitating the mouse as he did for me last night, I would--it was priceless.) Then the mouse darted out of the cabinet and across the floor to...the stove and slipped underneath. I hope this mouse(could it be the same one?) doesn't work its way into other cabinets eventually--not all my food is stored in containers. We put out the trap again with the peanut butter lure inside, but it was empty this morning. Stay tuned....
We are still having mouse issues. Last night, J said he heard a slight rustling sound coming from the kitchen, so he went to the same cabinet where we caught the mouse last week. He opened the door to it and there was a little mouse, sitting up looking right at him. (if I could somehow describe my husband imitating the mouse as he did for me last night, I would--it was priceless.) Then the mouse darted out of the cabinet and across the floor to...the stove and slipped underneath. I hope this mouse(could it be the same one?) doesn't work its way into other cabinets eventually--not all my food is stored in containers. We put out the trap again with the peanut butter lure inside, but it was empty this morning. Stay tuned....
11 comments:
Oh no, so sorry about the mouse issue again. I would be freaking out. I am not sure which is worse a huge roach the size of a hand or mice? I am glad to hear you had a nice weekend :)
I too have a single mouse who is very smart and can eat the bait in a trap without setting it off. I found this foolproof way to catch a mouse without a trap today and I am trying it as soon as I empty a roll. Try it.
Here is the link:
http://journal.chrisglass.com/2005/09/how_to_catch_a_.html
Here is the link again:
http://journal.chrisglass.com/2005/09/how_to_catch_a_.html
The illustrated article is called "How to catch a mouse (humanely) without a mousetrap."
Good Luck, Rosemary
Love that Audrey Chair! It is just, well, so Audrey! Was it sold as a set, or single?
Sorry about that mouse. Hope you catch it soon. Maybe leave a set trap out long afterwards, just in case?
Good luck with the mouse!! I would have moved out by now!! LOL!! Hope you outsmart it!
I am glad that you had a good weekend! I love the chairs!!
The chair is precious. I have this vision of it on a veranda full of plants and so so much sunlight...
:( for the mouse, if it's the same one it means it's really smart!:)
Is it crazy that I always find myself rooting for the smart mouse? We finally caught ours and set him free in a field (and that's when I found out you hardly ever have only ONE mouse... and I gotta admit, he was less cute when I realized "he" was really "they.") Good luck catching yours!
~Roseann,
I seem to recall being frightened of the large noises of the unseen bugs in trees in Florida...I can just imagine how large insects are down there. I think I would much rather deal with a mouse or two(they are at least cute)
~~Rosemary,
I am going to check out your link...let's compare notes on how we do okay?
~Joanne,
I didn't check(since I wasn't buying) but I would think the chair must have been sold seperately.
~~ Manders,
I kind of thought we weren't done with the mouse problem, since they DO breed quickly and I just bet there is a whole extended family living in the walls...have I given you the heebie-jeebies??
~~Pati,
If I were to bring that chair home, I would put it in here--the studio/home office, but then would have to redecorate the entire room around the Audrey Chair--white with touches of black and dark pink.
~~ Scribe Girl,
Thanks for commenting. It sounds like we have had the same issues with the mouse in the house--you feel for them since they are so cute, but then it dawns on you that there is probably a whole colony of them, ready to risk it for the coconut flakes(that is what ours was eating through a nibbled hole)once one goes.
Happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend.;)
The mouse might be the same one as before, it just loves your home:;)) It is probably warm and cosy.;)
And I really love your new profile photo - gorgeous.;))
Love the photo.
Sorry about the mouse. Dryer sheets are supposed to repel them. Also those plug in things that make a clicking sound...
Good luck!
With 4 cats and 7 kittens living in my neighbourhood, hardly any mice get away now! But years ago, before the cats came to live here, I'd find at least one mouse in my flat every year! The cheese trap with glue works!
Post a Comment