Sunday, February 1, 2009

Housebound


The Red Cloak


Miss Violetta in her Parlour
*********
I stayed in my house all day yesterday. Never set foot outside once! I don't know if I have ever done that before (other than those times I have been sick). And I was perfectly happy!
I thought I was going to have another round of cabin fever, but I got my paints, pen and inks and pencils out and filled in some blank pages in my sketch book. Made a huge mess of my table. Ignored all the "should-do's", like cleaning, going to the grocery store. I let R take Jewel for her walk. I might even do the same thing today--although we do need some food in the house and it is supposed to be pretty warm out, so a walk on the beach would be good.
Lately, I've been drawn to using the color red. Above--two of my little paintings (6" x 9") from yesterday and below, yes....yet another Blogthing.
You Are Cranberry Red



Peaceful and philosophical, you are almost always at harmony with the world.

You're not very social, but you always enjoy a deep, complex conversation with a friend.

It's possible that you've been disappointed a lot in your life, but you've gotten over those disappointments quickly.

For you, each day is new and glorious. You wake up refreshed and happy, even when things aren't going your way.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent the whole weekend at home. Alkis is away on a business trip - he is flying back today. As I thought I'd be a good girl and follow doctor's orders, I did not go online to answer my emails or blog. On Friday, I watched the final X Factor on TV - the Greek version of American Idol. I was very glad two Greek Cypriots were the finalists and Loucas won! It was a great show. Otherwise, I really enjoy being home alone from time to time. I do enjoy the mess as well!

Anonymous said...

You Are Apple Red

You're never one to take life too seriously, and because of it, you're a ton of fun.
And although you have a great sense of humor, you are never superficial.
Deep and caring, you do like to get to the core of people - to understand them well.
However, any probing you do is light hearted and fun, sometimes causing people to misjudge you.

Actually, I love bright reds, apple red, flamy red, rasberry red ... I also think you are a very talented artist. I love the Red Cloak!

Gal Friday said...

Hello Anastasia! Your result sounds very much like YOU. :-)
I have taken this quiz before and came out as Apple Red once, too. I guess it depends on my mood/day--"stay-at-home- Cranberry red", or more outgoing-Apple Red.
I love reds, too--to wear and I never knew I looked good in that color until a few years ago.
I wish I really had a red cloak like the one that came into my head yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Tina, red is my second favourite colour after white! I also thought the result of this quiz was very much like me!

4streegrrl said...

I thought about pulling out my NEW sketchpad and pens yesterday, but by the time I had done all of my chores (kitchen cleaning), errands (reno and grocery shopping), and doing reno-related stuff, it was too late in the evening. *sigh*

And I'm already committed today to doing a few things, so I'm not sure if I'll have any 'me' time *again* this weekend.

*big sigh*

Lovely illustrations, by the way! :) I aspire to be fanciful in my drawings too, whenever I get around to them.

Content in a Cottage said...

You should stay home more often when your creative juices are flowing. Great paintings. You should sell prints on your blog.

I actually took that test and I am cranberry red too. Lovely day ahead...enjoy your walk.

Red Rosemary

4streegrrl said...

Oh yeah, my "red" result. 'Optimistic' and 'steady emotions'??? Well, those are my 2009 resolutions. ;)

*You Are Crimson Red*

Down to earth and warm-hearted, you instantly make everyone feel at ease around you.

And while you have an understated passion - you lack the uncontrolled passion of most other reds.

You prefer to sit back and enjoy every situation life has to offer.

You put an optimistic spin on everything.

And even when things are going well, you don't get too amped up.

You prefer to keep your emotions as steady as possible.

Janet said...

ahhh, I spent yesterday in a kind of blissful almost silence! I read blogs, a book, did a bit of cleaning and left the house once to pick up something for dinner. It was awesome :-) But today...I'm heading to the beach with the dogs and my new One Object 365 Days photo subject.

Zuzana said...

Are these your drawings? They are fantastic.
You know, I am known for being a "hermit" and sometimes I spend the WHOLE weekend indoors. It is like I need that, in order to prepare for the week ahead. I need the silence and relaxation.
By the way, I also posted a Blogthing quiz today, how fun is that.;))

Unknown said...

Love your paintings! You have a great gift.

I am Apple Red.

You're never one to take life too seriously, and because of it, you're a ton of fun.
And although you have a great sense of humor, you are never superficial.
Deep and caring, you do like to get to the core of people - to understand them well.
However, any probing you do is light hearted and fun, sometimes causing people to misjudge you.

Have a great week........

Joanne said...

Wonderful, sounds like you just let the painter in you own the day. Isn't that a great feeling? Lovely paintings here, hope the painter in you takes over today too!

Manders said...

You Are Apple Red

You're never one to take life too seriously, and because of it, you're a ton of fun.
And although you have a great sense of humor, you are never superficial.
Deep and caring, you do like to get to the core of people - to understand them well.
However, any probing you do is light hearted and fun, sometimes causing people to misjudge you.

Not really like me at all. I love the paintings!! You are so great! I wish I was an artist...(sigh).

I did not go out yesterday until church last night. I was so GRUMPY yesterday. I don't know what happened!! I am better today!

Anonymous said...

Lovely paintings :) Red is wonderful color especially in February as I see it as a color of "love" :)

SandraG said...

I do wish I had your talent to draw. However, God did give me a certain writing talent so i shouldn't be greedy!

I stayed home yesterday too although I did go for my walk in the morning. A day without a walk is like - - -

cheatymoon said...

I don't mind at all being indoors all day - especially this time of year.

Cool quiz, here's my result:
Red/Orange
You are a very genuine person, although it takes a while for you to show the true you.
A bit introverted, you desire respect and affection from those close to you.
You are quite empathetic, and you have a true concern for the well being of others.
Many people have warm, heartfelt memories of you - even if you don't remember them well.

cheatymoon said...

Oh, and awesome artwork!

Zuzana said...

It is me again.:))
There is an award for you at my place, hope you will accept it.;))