Yesterday was a good day. I never returned to the drawing table, however.It was nice to return to interacting with my family again, after having pretty much ignored them while I drew and painted on Saturday.
*I made R and J breakfast burritos (scrambled eggs, Montery Jack cheese, sauteed scallions).
*I took the dog for a l-o-n-g walk at the park, where we were the only ones there and she ran across the snowy fields, doing that happy sneezy thing she does.
*We strolled around Wickford, hanging over the bridge to see the ducks and swans that are always there, looking in the shops and shop windows and then had lunch there.
*The temps were incredibly warm--up to 48*F(9*C) and it was sunny out all day. You could actually feel the warmth of the sun on your face. Delicious.
*After we got back from Wickford, J had the great idea to mix up some (spicy!) Bloody Marys. Bloody Marys in the afternoon-they're not just for brunch anymore.
*I watched two back to back episodes of What Not To Wear with R and at one point, J even sat down with us and was watching and commenting on the clothes. If only his "Super Bowl- watching- buddies" could have seen him doing that!
*I did not watch the Super Bowl. I watched a travel show about Wales, instead (seriously want to go there now)
*I read in bed, finishing one of the best books I have read in a long time. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
London is emerging from the shadow of the Second World War, and writer Juliet Ashton is looking for her next book subject. Who could imagine that she would find it in a letter from a man she’s never met, a native of the island of Guernsey, who has come across her name written inside a book by Charles Lamb….As Juliet and her new correspondent exchange letters, Juliet is drawn into the world of this man and his friends—and what a wonderfully eccentric world it is. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society—born as a spur-of-the-moment alibi when its members were discovered breaking curfew by the Germans occupying their island—boasts a charming, funny, deeply human cast of characters, from pig farmers to phrenologists, literature lovers all.Juliet begins a remarkable correspondence with the society’s members, learning about their island, their taste in books, and the impact the recent German occupation has had on their lives. Captivated by their stories, she sets sail for Guernsey, and what she finds will change her forever.Written with warmth and humor as a series of letters, this novel is a celebration of the written word in all its guises, and of finding connection in the most surprising ways.
Synopsis from the Barnes and Noble site
*Now, I want to travel to Guernsey, as well as Wales.....
Some Manic Monday questions and answers:
What's the most embarrassing song on your iPod (or music collection)?
Kelly Clarkson's "Because Of You"
How much time do you spend each day in your commute?
10-15 minutes each way
What's your favorite wardrobe item and why? I would have to say ...this is hard to choose just one--hmmmmmm...
A certain pair of jeans. I always feel so good in them, they fit just right and they look good with higher heeled boots or flats or sneakers.
11 comments:
I liked you answers!!!
It is always good to have a great pair of jeans that you can wear with all kinds of boot and shoes :)
Hey There :) I'm letting you know that I "tagged" you. I do hope you will play along :)
http://thesocialfrog.com/?p=1136
That book sounds wonderful. I will put it on my list...
Wales is gorgeous. Bring your camera - stunning landscapes. Ack, now I want to go back - it's been a looong time.
I hear you on having a favorite pair of jeans which you can count on any time. It's nice to have the right black ankle boots to go with them as well.
Yes, the book sounds very interesting. I usually am intrigued by books and movies and TV series about the Second World War. I think it is because I was born a month after D-Day that I feel a strong connection.
I should put some Kelly on my ipod.
I played too :)
A pair of good fitting jeans is priceless!
Thanks for playing and hope your week is a good one.
Mm, those breakfast burritos sound delicious!!;))
And yes, I have to agree on a pair of jeans. There is always that "one"pair that just sits so well and can be worn at any time.;))
I remember hearing a review of that book on NPR awhile back, I believe. Thanks fot the reminder to add it to my list.
Your Wickford walk with the dog sounds very pleasant. Maybe I can steal a neighbor's dog...
I just did my "Manic Thursday" post because it took me this long to get around to doing it. :)
That book sounds very, very intriguing...not like I need another book to add to my 'to read' list. ;) I think I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.
Post a Comment