
....that make me happy.
I have been tagged by The Social Frog.
1. Whenever my daughter makes a new little creation out of felt, embroidery thread and fabric scraps. That is her newest "softie" up top--"Ms. White T. Bagg" which she herself posed on the shelf with my tea things and took the photo.
2. Finding a real diner to have real diner food in. At the counter, or in a booth. I have had some memorable pancake breakfasts in diners all over New England.
3. A long soak in a hot bathtub after a particularly bad day. And the delicious feeling of getting into bed smelling so good, feeling pampered and moisturised and falling into an almost instantaneous slumber.
4. Discovering a small truckload of assorted Storck Merci chocolate boxes at Ocean State Job Lot for sale at 2.00 Dollars a box! (I bought five boxes the other day.)
5. Cooking supper in my tiny kitchen to jazz music. A little Dinah Washington, "Swing Easy" era Sinatra, Billie Holiday makes the food prep more fun.
6. Chickadees. One of my favorite birds. So cute and so jaunty and tougher than they look since they are out at my feeder all winter long. Just hearing their happy "chick-a-dee-dee-dee " on the coldest day of winter can warm your heart. I have heard they can be coaxed to come feed right out of your hand, but have never tried it. By the way, the bird song in the video is of an unseen cardinal, not a chickadee.
Can I add a 7th thing? I was given my first blog award by the multi-award winning blogger Protege !(see my sidebar..blush..blush...)
13 comments:
Those are some wonderful things :) I really miss Job Lot, my aunt used to take me and my sister there all the time! It has been forever since I've been back to Rhode Island though. Thanks for playing along :)
How great to learn you know RI and Job Lot..yay!!
LOVE that lil tea bag :-)
Oh, well then, you MUST come eat at the Owl Diner in Lowell! It's amazingly delicious.
Such a sweet chickadee :-)
Sweet list. Love that softee.
I *love* Job Lot. Whenever I am visiting family down that way (S. Shore, MA), we always go.
Also, love Carbon Leaf, which I noticed is in your sidebar.
Such a fun post!
I like your #5, In our house, we say that music is an important ingredient in recipes. When we make our Christmas lasagna, for instance, a dose of Sinatra must be playing! Adds just the right essence to the meal.
Ah, your 6 things could be mine! I love them all; I particularly love to take baths, but unfortunately I do not have a bathtub, it is not so common here to have one. I miss a bathtub.:(
I also love jazz; really a great list.
I really like the blue china on your picture.;)
And I am so glad this award made you happy; you deserve it so.;))
Congrats for your award, it was well deserved :)
Congratulations!! I LOVE your blog and feel like you are sitting down to a nice cup of tea with me when I read it!!
I love that tea bag, too! So cute!
It seems that your daughter has inherited your creativity. And your sense of humor in selecting the name Ms. White T. Bagg. So funny.
Congratulations on winning your first award...you deserve it. It looks great on your sidebar.
♥Rosemary
~~Janet,
Just the name alone makes me want to seek out the "Owl Diner". :-)
~~only...,
I *thought* I saw a Job Lot in NH(can't remember where, tho) last summer. It's deadly--you go in for one thing and come out with ten things(but for under ten dollars sometimes) So great you like Carbon Leaf--I had forgotten that CD and pulled it out the other day....
~~ Joanne,
A "dose of Sinatra"! I like that(and your Xmas lasagna tradition). I can't help but feel a little sexy with the garlic when Sinatra is playing..heh..heh. ;-)
~~ Protege,
Wel, I rarely take a bath these days(so much hot water down the drain) but knowing it is there is a comfort. I haven't yet lived in a place with a shower only--I think I would book myself into a hotel just to take one once a year.
~Hey Arts,
Yes...it was a very nice surprise from Protege(above)
~~Manders,
That is one of the nicest things you could tell me! I also showed R the comment about her teabag, too.
~~Rosemary,
Yes, my daughter is very clever, sweet,good-natured, funny(we laugh together a lot) and always making something--a little like me but ten times better.
I think I am the only one to visit you from another forum!Which means what a great blogger you are!!! Heh heh.... hope you can perceive my Greek humour! It's always been a pleasure to read your blogs, but apart from a great blogger you are also a great friend and, most importantly, a great lady who I happen to admire very much! Congratulations on a well deserved award!
I so love the felt Ms White T. Bagg R made. It's awesome!!
I like diners too, it seems very American to me but it's not easy to find these days I think.
A creative daughter from a creative mother...naturally!! :-) beautiful creation by R. And a well-deserved award!! You blog is one of the most interesting ones there are. Congrats!
Post a Comment