Saturday, February 21, 2009

There's a mouse...

...problem in mi kitchen
what am i gonna do .... ?

Okay...we have so far caught four(!) mice. I thought it was three, but Mr. F reminded me of the second one, earlier this week. In fact, there was a mouse in each one of the two traps(we got another one) this morning, which really illuminated for me how bad this situation is.


This is getting a bit ridiculous and I am not thinking of these little rodents as cute anymore.
Meanwhile, my kitty sleeps through the night at the foot of my bed, while I am the one who hears the now familiar rattling of the trap from way down the hall at around 4:30 in the morning. In a way, of course, I would prefer that the cat not find and catch the mouse, anyway. I just find it interesting that my cat seems so oblivious to the presence of mice in the house, while he is a killing machine outdoors. Maybe he is on a winter break from hunting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like kitty cat is not doing it's job! I feel for you! Thanks for visiting my blog, it is nice to hear from you :)

Zuzana said...

Ah, this was a fun post, it made me laugh out loud! I can so understand your frustration; as when there are mice, who knows what else there will be, right?
I too find it very funny that your cat doesn't care about the mouse. I thought cats would no be able to resist the hunt, due to instinct.;))
Maybe it thinks that in the house you are the one who should be the hunters.;))
Hope your weekend is good.;)) And I promise to mail soon!
xoxo
Z

Joanne said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your mouse situation. Not fun! Too bad kitty is sleeping on the job. Is there any way to track where they are getting inside from?

SandraG said...

Ah, mice! When I was a teenager, I would be doing my homework in the kitchen and the little mice would think it was quiet enough to pop their little heads out. My mother was not amused. I wasn't frightened by them. I thought they were cute.

We had a semi-detached house and Mother maintained they had come in from the next house.

We had lots of traps set for them but they often were smart enough to steal the cheese and escape the traps.

Hope you have more success with your infestation!

cheatymoon said...

Ack. I feel you on the mouse situation. We had a family a few years ago. The cats took care of it eventually... though we used some mouse motels too.

Tina - I love your new header!

Content in a Cottage said...

I love your new header too.

Keep putting the traps out and eventually you will get them all. Pretty soon they will want to get outside and leave. Definely not cute anymore! I feel your pain.

Gal Friday said...

Update on the mouse situation:
They just keep on coming! Caught number six--it was in the trap this morning. No. 5 was heard rustling about in it at 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday by my daughter. As Sandra said it __it's an infestation. Ugh!
I feel it'll work out eventually-seems most of you have had the same problem. The warmer weather, traps, and hopefully the cat(never thought I would say it)will end the problem.
Thanks, Only and Rosemary, about noticing my new header. It's one of my collages which I wish appeared clearer(might have to scan the image instead of photograph it)