Today's been interesting....As I drove in to work today, "Ring Of Fire" by Social Distortion blasting, I noticed a lone Canada goose off by the side of the road. I don't know that I have ever seen one not at least with a partner(or usually in a flock...or is it a "gaggle"?). This goose seemed confused, looking left and right. So strange that I am remembering that singular goose still, later in the afternoon.
As I turned the corner by the small pond(where there is always a pair of swans), I spied a red wing black bird swaying on a branch at the very top of a tree. This is the second time I have noticed a redwing in the last week or so-- a reassuring sign of spring.
It also occurred to me, that I haven't seen that grey El Camino around town or by the beach(I wrote about it here)for a while now. I feel a little bad about me disparaging it and actually would prefer to seeing it around again. Hope nothing too bad happened to the driver.
Co-worker, G, was almost scarily overly pleasant today--almost manic and talking non-stop. He does drink a huge amount of Starbucks coffee, but usually he isn't quite so perky. Is it bad to be suspicious of that? I should be glad the work day went smoothly and everyone in a good mood. It was at least a good atmosphere to be in after I got the call from my doctor that they want me to go back for a second mammogram. I know I should not panic about it...yet. Likely, it's nothing serious. I just keep thinking about it though, even though I know I should just try to push it out of my mind. Totally did not expect that phone call.
Yesterday, I tried for the second year in a row, to get my daughter a Shamrock Shake.
Last year, when I went to McDonald's on March 17th, the girl behind the counter didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked if they had any, since it was St. Patrick's Day.
Then, yesterday, since this somewhat sickly sweet and minty drink was on my mind all day(pure nostalgia, I guess), I decided to go to Mickey D's with R after I picked her up at the school. I was told "that we just sold the last eight". Aaarrrgghh...!
That means a customer before me came in and ordered eight(!) Shamrock Shakes, and all I wanted was ONE for my daughter(and a few sips for me). It was still only 4:00 in the afternoon on St. Patrick's Day. What about all the other people who might have wanted one after me?
Maybe next year I'll get lucky and get me Shamrock Shake.
I ended up getting R a small chocolate shake, which she seemed perfectly okay with. Maybe not the best thing to be putting into her body after a track practice, though? (as if the Sham Shake would have been any better....)
10 comments:
If there is a Dairy Queen nearby go and get a Mr. Misty Freeze in lime. They are sooo good...green too but not minty. Available all year long. I am sure your phone call is nothing but still disconcerting. I had to have a double whammy this year ~ regular plus the special one for density.
Just worry about the El Camino and the lone goose. I thought about you recently when I saw Cadillac's version of a SUV + pickup truck. It was so odd. ♥Rosemary
I'm sure everything is OK, and that they need another one because the others were not taken well. Be positive.
There are "special edition" drinks around here for certain festivities or times of year. Now, for instance, there's a special "PiƱa Colada" shake at Pop's, which is a very famous ice cream shoppe (or store? or parlor?) I should get one now that I think of it.
~Rosemary,
Oh, how I WISH there were a DQ anywhere in this entire(tiny) state! None that I know of. Anytime we travel and see a DQ, I get so excited! I'll keep the lime drink in mind for whe we go away to PA this summer.
Cadillac has a combo truck/SUV? Strange. Thanks , too, for the words about the test. I am just going to roll with it and see what happens. What else can I do, but pull up my big girl panties and deal with it?
~~Claudia,
Thanks for your positive words, too. I am feeling better about it already.
I love anything Pina Clada flavored(ice cream, especially)and I also think that an ice cream place named Pop's sounds just about perfect.
Thanks for coming by my blog. Life has gotten in the way of posting anew, but I appreciate your visit.
Annoying about the Shamrock Shake.
That Shamrock Shake looks kind of sick... :) I can just imagine the taste!
By the way, I don't remember if you have already received this or not, but I nominated you for an award.
Shamrock shake?! A blast from the past! You and I are the same age, I'm pretty sure. Guess you have to have a shake for breakfast on St Patrick's day to be sure you get any... and I imagine it's hard to run track after that. ;-)
For what it's worth, I had to get to mammograms once too. I have dense lumpy breasts, according to the doctors. (I can't believe I just described them that way publicly.) Thinking positive is always a good plan. Hugs!
I've never tried a shamrock shake... just the idea of a minty milkshake makes me cringe. Perhaps it would be more appealing if it were a chocolate mint milk shake...
I have to agree with Jack but then anything minty is enough to turn my stomach. About your mammogram. I think, with your permission, I'll talk to my Heavenly Father about that.
You know, the blogger is acting weird, it told me hat you posted your last 4 post 2h ago.:( Agrr! So I managed to msis them all.:(
But the shake sure looks very tasty.;))
Ok, please ignore all the terrible typos.:P
Post a Comment