
Clever Janet has made this week's Friday Fill-in whimsical and extra fun by taking the sentences from her favorite books as the "fill in" prompts. I have no idea what the books are (should I?), but here they are with my additions:1. "In a hole in the ground there lived _____a whole colony of magical pink rabbits."
2. "I drive an old car, live in a tiny house and work for little pay_____ but that ain't no matter."
3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, _____lulling the tired middle-aged woman into a deep and restful sleep."
4. "Divers brought up silver and gold treasures_____ from the hold of the Spanish galleon."
5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and _____a light at the end of the tunnel."
6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, _____so keep a wary eye out for anything."
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to ______ some more time alone with Mr. F while R is volunteering at something spectacularly noisy at the elementary school called a Pizza Pig-Out,
tomorrow my plans include _______ visiting my sister and then an actual late night out at a club to see some bands,
and Sunday I want to______ not feel too old and exhausted or hung-over after the late night out, so I can actually still do some things during the last precious hours of my weekend.
10 comments:
hey, i love this idea- its great xx
I love the photo - must be your living room. A great peek into your house.
My house is also wicked tiny (probably tinier than yours), and my car is old. And work for peanuts, but pretty content.
Your weekend sounds lovely. Thanks for the good wishes for mine.
Beautiful amaryllis. My mother loves them.;))
I so enjoy reading these Friday fill-in's.;)) I liked them all today, they seemed very reflective to me.;))
I am wishing you an excellent Friday as it should be for a gorgeous Friday Girl such as yourself (so, scratch the "tired middle aged woman" out!;))))
And may your weekend be great as well.;))
xoxo
Z
Pizza Pig Out... sounds like fun!
Have a great weekend :)
Sounds like a fun weekend going on there ... Enjoy that live music!
~Lisa,
Yes, it is a great idea for getting the old noggin going first thing in the morning, and also so interesting seeing what other bloggers do with their "fill-in's".
~~Thanks, Only! That is the pet Amyrillis I am taking care of while my parents are away on a trip. I wish the photo were more in focus(I always do that, though) and yes, that is my little living room. Small homes are good for expenses and cmfort--heating and cooling, though, aren't they?
I am inspired by your enthusiasm for your work. :-)
~~Aww..Zuzana,
What positive words you wrote for me--and I am rested and ready for the weekend(sat in the warm sun when I got home and totally relaxed...)
~~Jack,
Pizza Pigout is more like "Pizza Scream Out"--it is a student run carnival for the lower grades inside..in the school gym and the noise is deafening! I am glad my daughter is at the age now where we don't have to take her, but she gets dropped off as a volunteer.
~~Joanne,
It is has been a long time since I have gone out for a live show like that so yeah, I am looking forward to it.
i was just thinking about how long it's been since i went to club with live music. seriously, i need to get out more. meanwhile, have fun for both of us! ;-)
Oops, I hit enter too soon. (I'm happy to hear you didn't know the books either!)
At the tender age of 38, I finally lost my hangover virginity last night (or rather this morning - last night I lost my drunkedness viriginity). 2 am was not a pleasant hour, yet I still managed to go to the gym to detox at 7 am this morning.
I am debating about blogging about the event, since it even involves a hangover (or perhaps latent drunked) email to cute/hardworking/rock climbing temp worker who left for the south this morning. An email that I could very well regret.
An interesting experience last night and one that kept my husband amused.
So whatever you do, don't write any email while there is potential that you still have alcohol in your system.
Have a great evening! :)
I went to see Jimmy Fallon last night; his show started at 10 PM, and I feel asleep on the subway home LMAO!
Post a Comment