I should have written this down earlier in the day, since I am losing the details already. I had a dream that has stayed in my head all day, though, since waking up this morning (so anyone who finds other people's dream boring, you can stop reading from here on in). The one part I do remember still very clearly was that in some large house(I think I have actually been in recently)in an open garage set up on a hill in a wooded area I encountered a goat and somehow I bonded with it and was sitting beside it and petting it. I started to notice the goat's fur was soft like a cat's, and even it's face started to look like a cat's--like my cat Calico that I had from the time I was 5 years old( a birthday gift for me that year) until I was nearly 24 years old. This cat was kind of a confidant and a comfort to me(I remember crying into her fur when I was feeling sad and the cat letting me do it, even purring)and while never a "lap cat" and never actually cuddly, I loved her so dearly. She was very bold and regal and always motherly to all the other cats and kittens we brought into my childhood home.
Calico appears in my dreams every so often.
I also have a thing for goats and think if I were less of a lazy type and lived where I could have one, I would like to have a small farm--some ducks, chickens and a goat.
And in my dream last night(or it was early morning, probably) this goat/Calico-the-cat symbolized...what?? I am trying to figure it out, but I felt so happy and at peace as I sat with the goat/cat.
9 comments:
Wow. Pretty cool that you remember so many details and how smart of you to type it down when you could.
I have a notebook to write mine down, but I rarely do... isn't it fascinating how they fade away?
I am an avid dreamer and I love to discuss dreams, I always tell P about them and he always offers a great explanation.
I believe in dreams very much and that they hold a key to our subconscious; I will never dismiss a dream but I try to listen to it and see what I can learn from it about myself.
I am not very good at interpretations, but from what you told me, it seems that you looking for a confidant perhaps? Maybe you feel anxious and scared at times (don't we all).
My reoccurring dream is of a large house that I own and a basement in it, that I am scared to visit; I have not been there for years and I can not make myself go down there, as I am worried about what I might find. Now that seems much more sinister than your dreams of goats, don't you think.;))
I loved this post!;)
Hope you will have a great Friday, Friday girl.;))
xoxo
Z
~Erin,
I usually start to lose my dreams within minutes of waking up, but this one stayed in my head for the whole day. I just wish I had written it down in the morning, because there were other parts to it that I can't remember now.
~Zuzana,
Your basement dream is so telling. And I appreciate your own insight into what my cat/goat dream meant--I really felt happy and at ease in that dream and maybe it is something that is missing from my life right now?
It is interesting what and who crop up in our reoccuring dreams--I have tidal wave dreams sometimes(definitely anxiety/fear related), dirty public bathrooms(shame?guilt? This is what my husband has said about those dreams) and comforting Calico the cat dreams.
Tina - I have had recurring flooding/wave dreams, and also bathroom dreams. They are common, right?
I loved reading about your goat/cat dream. Very entertaining.
Enjoy your Sunday and definitely get out the sunscreen. It is going to be a scorcher.
~Rosemary,
I had another wierd dream last night that I wrote down but don't know if I'll share it here(don't want to make it a too boring trend).
I put on sunscreen first thing this morning--we'll be taking a walk by the ocean later and I got some color(a tan line, even) from being outside yesterday, so I want to be careful today.
Enjoy your summery last Sunday in April, Rosemary!
Only,
I find it VERY reassuring that others, like yourself, have the same kinds of reoccuring dreams. I thought for a while there that I had some real issues because of the "filthy bathroom stalls" dreams.
Isnt it funny how some stay in your head all day.Its almost like you dreamt it to sort it out throughtout the day.I have read if you awake in the middle of a dream you forget it.Funnt I found this blog interesting cause last two nights I have had the craziest dreams.last nigth about my grek grandmother and my father together chatting about life,Strange cause my greek grandmother is my mothers mother.But my father always loved her.Im still trying to fiugre out what that dream ment.
Wow lots of mistakes in that comment.If I dont know someone to well I feel a need to put in corrections, LOL.The ones who know me I dont bother,hah.One was funny, the other was night, last but not least was Greek not grek.I should visit more often I love your blogs.
Post a Comment