

Ahhhh...Friday and a Friday Fill-In.
It feels like this is going to be a good day(who knows what is in store for me at The Job, though)
The breeze is coming in through the open window, the air smells fresh, sun is shining, and the birds are singing.
I feel extremely proud of my daughter who was inducted, for the second time, into the Honors Society for her grades and good character last night n a ceremony at the school last night.
The breeze is coming in through the open window, the air smells fresh, sun is shining, and the birds are singing.
I feel extremely proud of my daughter who was inducted, for the second time, into the Honors Society for her grades and good character last night n a ceremony at the school last night.
And...I have four days off to look forward to after today.
1. "Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
Alice ____moving under skies
Never seen by waking eyes."
(okay, this was kind of cheating, by moving and altering the word elsewhere in the sentence, but I thought of this line by Lewis Carroll immediately when I saw the word "move" and I truly love it and see a painting in my mind when I hear those words)
2. Footloose and fancy_____ free.
3. My best quality is _____ I'm dignified. (but then, maybe other people think "aloof"
or "snobby")
4. It is easy to get bogged down by all the little_____ details.
5. In nearly 10 years, _____I'll be nearly 57 years old!!!!!!
6. A winning lottery ticket_____ is what I need right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____dropping R off at a sleep-over party and some time alone with Mr. F.,
tomorrow my plans include _____a visit to the Farmer's Market and a going away(unfortunately to Iraq) party for a friend and Sunday,
I want to _____lie in my hammock and read (I went to the library yesterday and have a nice pile of non-fiction books), and also have caught up with reading all my favorite blogs!
1. "Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
Alice ____moving under skies
Never seen by waking eyes."
(okay, this was kind of cheating, by moving and altering the word elsewhere in the sentence, but I thought of this line by Lewis Carroll immediately when I saw the word "move" and I truly love it and see a painting in my mind when I hear those words)
2. Footloose and fancy_____ free.
3. My best quality is _____ I'm dignified. (but then, maybe other people think "aloof"
or "snobby")
4. It is easy to get bogged down by all the little_____ details.
5. In nearly 10 years, _____I'll be nearly 57 years old!!!!!!
6. A winning lottery ticket_____ is what I need right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____dropping R off at a sleep-over party and some time alone with Mr. F.,
tomorrow my plans include _____a visit to the Farmer's Market and a going away(unfortunately to Iraq) party for a friend and Sunday,
I want to _____lie in my hammock and read (I went to the library yesterday and have a nice pile of non-fiction books), and also have caught up with reading all my favorite blogs!
11 comments:
congrats to the girl! that is a great accomplishment! do they get sweaters or something? i remember in HS we had navy pullovers w/ the nhs symbol on them. i wish i still had mine, not that i'd wear it and be all dorky, but, you know, memories : )
Congratulations to your girl.;))
I am happy that your favorite day started with a gorgeous sunny morning!
As for yesterday me reading your post under blue skies; it was because I was off work.;) Today though I get to enjoy your Friday post on my coffee brake at work.;))
Have a lovely day, great evening with Mr. F. and a wonderful weekend;))
xo
Zuzana
Say congrats to that girl of yours!! Way to go, Rachel!!
I hope you have a wonderful time with your hubby tonight and your reading this weekend. I am off to a first aid course this weekend!!
I am going to do the fill-in on my page!
Congratulations to R!! Such a great daughter. You must be extremely proud!
Dignity is dignity, and it's such a valuable thing, regardless at how it's misperceived by others.
I hope you have a great weekend!! and if the job gives you a hard time, just remember it's Friday!
1. "Still she haunts me phantomwise Alice drifting under skies, never seen by waking eyes"
2. Footloose and dreaming of Louis Vuitton's latest sandals!
3. My best quality is saying something to your face rather than behind your back.
4. It's easy to get bogged down by all the little, insignificant worries in our lives.
5. In nearly 10 years I'll have to think about retirement!
6. A winning lottery ticket would be most welcome.
7. And as for the weekend tonight I'm looking forward to a great footsie Friday, dinner out with some great friends on Saturday and spending time on the beach on Sunday! Hopefully - if the weather says so - the first swim of the year!
Miss R is by far the perfect daughter of a perfect mother regardless of minor imperfections! Congratulations on Miss R's achievements. I'm sure there are many more in store for her in the forseeable future.
Congratulations to your girl.
I love your weekend plans. A read in a hammock sounds like heaven.
an achieving child is always nice........
~c.k.,
No--no sweaters--at the middle school, they get medals--she got a silver last year, and this year, as an 8th grader, she got a gold medal.
~Thanks, Ms. Z.,
I am glad you got a weekday off and had that time under the blue skies to yourself.
~Manders,
Thanks--we did end up having a great time--a ride out to the tip of an island in the bay and then some drinks at a bar near our house--it already is feeling like summer because of everyone's mood around here.
~Claus,
Thanks for your kind words.
You, if anyone, know all about working hard at your lessons, and it is gratifying to be acknowledged in some way.
I don't even now if I chose the right word--dignified--I guess I meant I always try to uphold my own personal moral code--trying to have some class, you know? ;-)
~ Anastasia,
I always love when you stop by on Friday Fill-in days and leave your own like that. :-) I hope you got your swim in(the ocean temperature is still a little too cold for that here).
~Erin,
No hammock time yet(I was expecting better weather, but so far I haven't had any time for reading(will start today after this and breakfast)
~Lisa,
She isn't obsessed with studying and has other interests, but she does take school seriously and is a good student--so far so good(she just has 4 years of high school to get through next)
Congratulations for R. You all must be so proud :-)
Ouch, going to Iraq, not really one of the favourite places on the world I guess.
Wow new books...love it :-). Should read more but haven't been reading much lately!
Congratulations to Miss R!!!:) Tell her that her BG aunt is really proud with her!!!:) *hugs to you both*
Post a Comment