
..nothing but blue skies!
And a few fluffy, puffy clouds.
And the sound of lawn mowers. I just got home and it is like the festival of the lawn mowers all over the neighborhood--the sound of them coming from all directions.
And bird song everywhere.
And the sound of my daughter's flip-flops.
This date actually marks my first year anniversary (217 or so posts later..) here at Blogger.
I wish I had more to offer--but it is just some photos today(some of them taken from behind the steering wheel even), and Ella Fitzgerald singing that song in my head. But I only could find Frank Sinatra or Willie Nelson doing the song on You Tube, so it's Frank.
As usual, I am running around with little time to write anything meatier or in a relaxed, thoughtful way. Not that my blogs are ever meaty, but it seems lately I have not been in a "good" writing mood.
I have to leave in a bit to take my daughter to look for a birthday gift for a friend and some new bras for her. Who knows? Maybe I 'll have something to inspire a blog after I have visited the Kohl's bra department.
And we have to zoom back home so R can watch the final of American Idol at 8:00. I will be glad in a way when this is over. I didn't get into it as much as I did last year. Last year was my first time ever watching American Idol and I surprised myself by getting caught up in it and actually cheering on winner David Cook. But this year...ho-hum.
I *hope* R won't be into the show next year since it really is a cheesy spectacle and takes up at least two hours of your time every week while it is running. I guess with all reality-type shows--once you get sucked in, you can't get out!
And that is about all I have to say. Other than..."my job would be great if it weren't for the customers." Ha..ha...we have some of the NY/Conn. summer people trickling in lately, just opening up their houses, and there were a couple of doozies in this week so far.
13 comments:
as always, love the photos : ) i can't do american idol. we watched it one season and basically we only watch the very beginning when the people are REALLY bad. bra shopping--always fun! NOT : )
Looks like a lovely day there! It has been raining here for days on end, not stopping at all, some flooding even. I don't normally watch American Idol but I have watched it this year. I actually do not enjoy watching tv really, so I am surprised I am liking it.
I hear you on American Idol. I watch it. It organizes my week. But this year, sorta boring, and I mainly have it on in the background while I read blogs.
I just noticed your sidebar stuff (just got my laptop back and have time to peruse...) CUTE photo of you. Also, love your music picks.
Kohls overwhelms me. But a good place to do the bra torture.
Frankie looks so young here!
My husband and I deliberately put our t.v. in an uncomfortable room to discourage getting sucked into shows. We have to really like something to put up with sitting on the floor. We do watch rented movies on a computer--tonight it was Little Miss Sunshine.
Really liked the photos of the road and big piled-up clouds. Thanks!
Congratulations on your blogoversary!
And what is more beautiful than sun and blue skies!
I am sitting under them as I type this and guess what, the neighbor is mowing the lawn.;) With a lawn mower.;))
The song was lovely, I like anything by Sinatra.;))
xo
congrats on the Blog- anniversary- so many people start and so few keep going !
Hey c.k.,
Good for you on not watching Amer. Idol--this was my second year of being sucked into it and sometimes my husband and I look at each other like we can't believe we are watching/listening to it!
Oh, the bra shopping was torture for both me and my daughter--but she did end up getting two new ones so at least we accomplished what we set out to do.
~RoseAnn,
So sorry to hear about all the rain--hope things dry up soon so you can go out and play(swim). :-)
How interesting to me that you don't watch much TV--me, neither. Just usually the taped Daily Show(my daily laugh!), sometimes 30 Rock and some shows on HBO and PBS.
~Only,
I drift in and out of the room when Idol is on, too(and too bad I did that last night since I missed David Cook's performance). Good God--that was one freaky show last night, wasn't it?(and when did Rod Stewart get so geriatric? I thought for sure he was going to fall on his face a few times there)
I get overwhelmed when shopping in department stores, too--and the bra department alone was overwhelming--I never saw so much space taken up with racks and racks(ha..ha..racks for racks..)of bras.
~~Sallymandy,
I have to confess that our TV set, while outdated and a small screen, is set right before our wrap-around couch for comfy viewing(my husband is a sports nut and so games--like the Red Sox- are on TV a lot in this house), but we don't generally watch the news and endless sitcoms( I have always preferred my news on the radio)
~Zuzana,
Oh yeah..it has been truly beautiful these last few days--at least for now, all's right with my world under these skies.
You must be home already(under the blue skies) in your part of the world, then? Lucky you--I have to go to work in a few...
~Lisa,
Thanks! I had a blog for a couple of years before this one at Yahoo 360, too. I find I can jabber on via the typed word pretty consistently(although never about anything too
earth-shattering)and have enjoyed blogging from day one. :-)
Beautiful skies indeed! Such lovely pictures...so nice you are having such nice weather up there. Love the song also! Must confess I never heard it before.
American Idol?...no, not what I would see. I barely saw the final of the Latin American Idol, and if you think yours is cheesy, you should've seen the Latin American version. I don't even know if there were more than a couple of editions, and it got worn out.
~ Claudia,
I wish I could have you listen to Ella Fitzgerald's version of "Blue Skies"! :-)
I saw some clips of the Eurovision contest, and they have their cheese, too! It is universal, I guess!
I love the sound of flip flops. Your new blog header with the dandelion puff balls is wonderful. I hope you have those wonderful blue skies for the entire Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy!!!
Tina...I almost forgot to wish you a happy one year anniversary. Or is it a Blog-versary? ♥Rosemary
~Rosemary,
Not much in the way of blue skies so far this weekend, but it hasn't been bad, and in a way--if the weather isn't great, it'll keep the day-trippers away and we'll at least have a little break from any beach traffic around here.
And, thank you for the "Blog-versary" wishes.
Just think--if we each hadn't decided at some point to start a blog here at Blogger, we wouldn't know each other!
*love* your photos. looks very summerish!
I guess we are going up and down in writing moods...it's all part of life isn't it. And blogging is part of is ;-).
I agree, I don't want to be caught up too much in shows like Idols either. It's getting less and less for me though. The first year I was excited but I wasn't so much in the second, third, etc. Nowadays we do have soo many of these talent shows ;-)
Post a Comment