
A "firsts" meme I found at Protege's blog,
which also had a pretty informative explanation of the term "meme".
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
I never went to a prom. No one asked me...*sniff*
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
No.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
Not exactly sure-I know I must have been pretty young, since my mother gave us "ein Schlug" of brandy to drink from a shot glass when we were really sick with a fever and cold, and we had red wine with Sunday dinners sometimes with my parent's approval(a small glassful starting when was about ten). Then, I discovered I liked little sips of Bailey's Irish Creme from the bottle in the liquor cabinet without my parent's knowing when was in my teens.
4. What was your FIRST job?
babysitter--I pretty much had the entire neighborhood as a client base at one time...
5. What was your FIRST car?
a brown 1973 or 74 Mercury Maverick/Comet --not sure which it was now...it was the cheapest car I could cobble together my money for at the time, and really, I would love to have a car like that now.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
I don't text
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
Mr. F
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. Gamage (there she is, in all her school marm glory, at the top!)
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Germany
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
A girl called Ann in the first grade but I haven't seen her in years and years....
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
I think at my friend Sandra's or Susan's...starting around the 5th grade, I went to a lot of slumber parties..
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
my daughter
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
My friend Sandra's first wedding. I remember it was the first time I had to wear a strapless bra because of the design of the bridesmaid dress, and having to finally remove the damn thing during the reception (well, not right at the reception, but in a bathroom) because it had this wire apparatus digging into my ribcage.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Let the cat out
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
The Kinks
16. FIRST tattoo?
none
17. First piercing?
the usual-- one hole in each ear , and I am not even sure how old I was when I had it done but was at least eighteen years old.
18. First foreign country you’ve been to?
Although I don't remember my first trip over the border because I was so young, I would have to say Canada(I was baptised in Montreal), although it sounds a little strange to call it "foreign".
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" when I was about five years old. There must have been a revival of it playing in cinemas that year.
20. When was your FIRST detention?
Never. I was a good girl(aside from nipping into the Bailey's)
21. What was the first state you lived in?
New York State(born way upstate)
22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
my sister
Anyone else want to try this "firsts" meme???
13 comments:
I loved this, great "first" answers, I enjoyed reading them on my coffee break.;)
Your teacher really looks like a teacher! How cool that you still have her picture.;))
And I love the description of your first alcohol.;))
Thanks for playing (and for the link!).;))
xoxo
Z
Hmmmmm... dreaming up a decidedly off-kilter list of firsts... (love when you inspire my randomness.)
Well! My answers to questions 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 16, 17, 18 (I was baptised in Montreal too, although it's not a foreign country but rahter my home country) and 22! How are you my sweet souled friend? I have been crazy busy since the new year, but I've managed to start a new blog, and of course, knit like the wind, so much that I've injured my left wrist on a sweater for Roger! Be well dear :) Audrey xox
Reading this has prompted me to want to go find pictures of my old classmates and teachers. I have almost all of our "class" pictures. I wonder where they all are & if they are happy!
Love this meme. What part of New York State? I grew up in New York - down near the Jersey border. Perhaps I've asked you this question...
Your photo of the teacher reminds me that I'd love a scanner. And that teachers don't look like that any longer... lol
Started off writing here but got discouraged after the 13th. I'd have been here forever writing mine:)
I do admire your ability to remember who your first grade teacher was. I can't unfortunately.
Hope you're enjoying your evening T :)
What a fun meme!
Ps. I don't text either.
Meee again. Well, I have a little sth for you if you want it. Image and header for your page. Tell me and I will send it to your email. :)
~Zuzana,
I liked this "meme" so much when I saw it on your blog, I HAD to try it, too!
Mrs. Gamage looks much sterner than I remembered her being-she was actually quite nice(and even gave me an idea to do an abstract crayon drawing once--I will always remember her for that). I blew up her photo from an old class photo
~Judy,
I was inspired by Zuzana at HER blog to do this meme, actually! Now, I'll have to get on over to your blog sometimes this weekend...
~Audrey!
How nice and a surprise to read this message from you. I peeked at your new blog while at work yesterday(shhhh...) and will surely be by more to read more and see what your knitting needles are up to.
~RoseAnn,
I think of that often, too--where is everyone(and sadly, I am sure, many of my teachers are now passed away). I blew that picture up of my teacher up from my 1970 class picture, by the way. :-) (yeah, I'm OLD)
~Erin,
I was born in Plattsburgh-right on the Canadian border and across from Vermont on Lake Champlain and we lived there for the first couple of years of my life untl my father moved us back to Maine where he is from. New York is a BIG state, I tend to forget that....
I have an old, very s-l-o-w scanner and it is a pain to use, and I actually got the excellent tip from when I first started reading YOUR blog from someone's comment(it may have been creative kerfuffle) that you can just take a photo with your digital camera of the picture and then simply download it. This has worked out great and I hardly even bother with the scanner now.
~Arty,
The only reason I remember her so well, is that I have the class picture of her!
As for the link--I would appreciate that(as you an tell--my blog page design is so amateur and needs a little help!)
~~Jack,
I mainly don't text because I can't figure it out, and really, have no need to do it(I barely use my cell phone even)
I can't believe you still have Mrs. Gamage's picture. Love those glasses. Great post. ♥Rosemary
PS...Nice to know someone else who doesn't text. I almost never turn on my phone. Just have it for emergencies which never happen. :-)
~Rosemary,
Yes aren't those galsses great?
The only reason I have so many old photos now is that mother keeps giving them to me.
I am the same way with my cellphone--like knowing it's there for road trips and emergencies, but I rarely talk on it and don't even know my own cell number!(R made a label with the number with her label maker and put it on the back of the phone, though)
It was fun reading about your firsts!!!:) I did the same quiz in my Facebook notes and had so much fun remembering those things from the past!!!:) I couldn't help smiling while reading about your first alcohol experiences!!!;) And honestly, I can not believe that a beautiful girl like you wasn't invited to the prom...
Post a Comment