Monday, May 18, 2009

I Am


I Am.....
*Feeling: weathered and a little old today (arrgghh..my back!)
*Wearing: dark red cotton sateen shirt with black trousers-not very spring-like, I know...
*Drinking: lukewarm coffee (too lazy to refresh my cup)
*Eating: one nearly burnt(how I like it) English Muffin with butter and apricot jam

*Listening to: blue jays and robins outside my windows, and the Weather Channel on TV from the other room. R leaves it on all the time and it takes me a while to realise that the bad, soft, so-called jazz music and the repeated phrases about the forecast are being burnt into my brain.
*Craving: a creative spell to come over me--want to get back into that feeling of time stopping when I create art. I have been neglecting that part of me out of laziness(first need to clean off my work space...again!), a kind of fatigue about it, and basically feeling uninspired.
*Worried About: not so much right now--feeling like everything will work itself out for everyone I have been worrying about lately

*Missing: my three cherries pin/brooch that I was going to wear with this shirt today. I can't understand how it has disappeared. I am messy about lots of things, but there are certain things--my car/store keys and my jewelery--which always go back to the same place.

*Wanting to: be productive this week, as far as little projects go.
*Reading: I didn't read anything all weekend...unusual for me. Not even the Sunday paper...

*Addicted to: gardening, which has been bad for my back, since I was stooped over, crouched over for most of the weekend. (I said the same thing when I did this fill-in last year at about this same time of year, interestingly..)

*Dreaming about: my plants blooming in a few weeks and not having to buy flowers , but cutting my own from my own garden.
**Okay...need to turn the TV off(yep, Weather Channels' still on..) and walk Miss Jewel (while it isn't raining..)
If you have read this far, I'll tell you a little secret! There is a ghost in the shed window..!
Not really, but I almost spooked myself when I clicked on my picture(the old shed at top) to see it larger, just for the heck of it(and to delay walking the dog).
I thought--was it really there?--an arm!
Then realised it was my own reflection in the part of the window that wasn't broken and missing. I can see my own claw-like hand holding the camera and a little bit of my head.

9 comments:

Zuzana said...

Loved this post!!!
Enjoyed it with my afternoon coffee at work.;)
Aha, I know so well that back ache from gardening! I get it all the time as I have no one to help me to carry those big cobalt blue pots.;))
I am glad that you are not worried about anything, it is nice to have a peace of mind, even if for just a little while.;)
Yes, I saw the ghost too! Well, we all need a bit of magic here and there.;))
I am hoping your dreams of blooming flowers will come true - here is for now just a wish for a wonderful Monday!;))
xoxo
Zuzana

PS: Please continue leaving long comments, I love them.;) xo

Manders said...

I completely agree with your description of the Weather Network being burned into your brain!! Perhaps it is programming us to ONLY think about the weather!! AHHHH!!!

Have a wonderful Monday!!

Arty said...

You almost spooked me with the ghost bit. Thankfully you recognised you :)
I'm glad your feeling carefree and optimistic. Things do have a way of working themselves out well eventually.
I sent you the email with the different font the other day.
Have a great week T. :)

j said...

I AM happy to have wandered through your mind a bit today. (Love, love, love the picture.)

cheatymoon said...

Lovely photograph, and the ghost is lovely too (I love when that happens in photos).

I hope your back feels better soon. And I envy you that no-worries... wish I could do that soon.

creative kerfuffle said...

i liked this post filled w/ your thoughts--and the ghost : ) i hope the creative juices start flowing again soon for you--you have such a great eye.

Gal Friday said...

~Protege,
No real worries for now, but I am sure they will be back.
It is just that a few people I care about have been going through some rough times, financially and emotionally, the last few months but I now see they are resilient and smart and will be okay.
Thanks for stopping by with your usual smile-inducing comments on your coffee break, too, Zuzana. :-)

~Manders,
I hope your Monday was a good one, too. Now it is Tuesday and the weather is gorgeous today and I don't need to look at or hear the Weather Channel to know that.

~Arty,
I never even realised part of my ghostly reflection was in that photo(and I took it a month ago)!
I think I may have not gotten that e-mail or otherwise inadvertently deleted it?! I'm sorry...but if you don't mind, could you re-send it when you get a chance?

~Judy,
Thanks! The more I look at it, the more I like the image, too. :-)

~Only,
I know, I know...I wish I could somehow magically transfer some of my "no-worries" feeling onto your life right now.
The back is better today, and I didn't even notice it until I re-read this comment of yours.

~c.k.,
Yep, I hope the creative "drawing" juices flow again, too. But for now, it is easier for me to play around by taking photos, and I really appreciate the comment of yours. I never even ever took many photos of anything until just a few years ago.

sallymandy said...

I enjoyed this very much! I love reading the details about what blog friends are doing, or where you live. I usually have that lukewarm cup of coffee by me when I blog, too! Today I'm wearing all dark brown and it's going to be 72 degrees. How's that for not springy? Thanks for sharing this Tina.

xo

Arty said...

Sure, no prob..