Having just survived a small "zombie apocalypse" ( a 12 hour sleep-over party with seven 13 and 14 year old girls in my house), I thought it about time I acknowledged this "Zombie Chicken" award that sallymandy so kindly thought to bestow upon me...days and days and days ago. Phew! that was some long sentence.**********
"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all..."
When I started blogging(been doing this now for about three years--almost one year here at Blogger), I started out by just winging it and writing about just any old thing that was flitting through my mind , never even thinking I would have regular readers and eventually friends who would take the time to read what I had to say.. I knew nothing about awards and all the rules and protocol about receiving and passing them along, and I think I am still bad about the whole thing. For those of you who gave me awards and it seemed I didn't appreciate them by not mentioning it here at my blog, that hasn't been the case at all. The first award I was given was one from Zuzana ( Life, Work And Pleasure blog ), and now I finally am taking this opportunity to pass one on to her.
This one's for you, Ms. Protege!
She truly does "produce content so remarkable that her readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read her inspiring words." If you haven't discovered her blog yet, I would encourage you to have a look and think it just might become the day brightening habit it has become for me.
She truly does "produce content so remarkable that her readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read her inspiring words." If you haven't discovered her blog yet, I would encourage you to have a look and think it just might become the day brightening habit it has become for me.
And, sallymandy, if you are reading this--please forgive me for taking so gosh darn long to getting around to thanking you and acknowledging that you chose me for this award.
I still have to acknowledge and post about a few other awards some other kind bloggers decided to give me recently. I'm workin' on it...!
For now, I am finally enjoying some "me" time after the 12 hour whirlwind of teen girl squeals and chatter and food serving has ended.
The party is over, for another year at least(and maybe by next year, R will be over wanting to have a birthday party anyway...),
the seven cans worth of Silly String that was all over the back yard has been picked up,
and I even get the computer on a Saturday all to myself since now the kid even has her own laptop(a combination birthday and graduation from middle school gift we gave her).
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Rachel. Your very own laptop...how nice. Your party sounded like fun. Glad your mom will have the computer all to herself now!
congrats on the well deserved award!
You are a better woman (with a bigger house) than I for hosting a teen sleepover party. And you bought her a laptop? You are just a better and nicer mom all around.
:-)
Totally deserving of that zombie chicken!
Ah, Tina, thank you so much for this wonderful award!!!;))
I am so flattered by your very generous and very kind word about my writing.
I, like you, never knew what a wonderful world lies out here and I too was worried that no one would ever find what I have to say interesting.;)
I love my visits to your place and your lovely blog is on my every day must read list.
Thank you again dear friend.;)
Wishing you a lovely weekend.;)
xo
Z
I am about to turn 30 and I still love Birthday parties! It's not the same being away from all of my family, but Daniel gets me a cake & presents and it is a fun time. I can't wait to have another party with all my family, we always make big deals about birthdays and such! Get some rest :)
~Rosemary,
Yes, mother and daughter are very happy with this new computer arrangement. ;-)
~Doreen, Thanks!
:-)
~Erin,
Believe me--out house is tiny, but we do have a finished basement(but still only one bathroom!). I am not brave about these things at all(and go into a little panic mode right before everyone arrives) , but my daughter has always loved hosting a party and I know how much it means to her. Still hoping that this might be the last one...
As for the laptop--we don't usually give gifts so big, but since before Xmas R has been talking about wanting one(it doesn't help that she has friends whose wealthier, more indulgent parents just gave them laptops--for no special occasion)and she started saving her allowance. We *told* her we would match half of what she saved for one, and she was so good about keeping her money for this goal. So--we surprised her by giving one to her, and saying she can hold onto her savings.
~Zuzana,
Likewise! And you are very welcome(and deserving...
~RoseAnn,
If you are still excited about a birthday party, then you'll always stay young inside, no matter how many candles on on your cake.
Post a Comment