
Five Guilty Pleasures
1. eating Sour Cream and Onion ripple chips, dipped into sour cream (a b-a-a-a-d salty and creamy snack that I can eat too much of in one sitting when it is that certain time of the month)
2. downloading songs by Abba and Kelly Clarkson--and playing them LOUD in the car , yes, I'll admit it!
3. reading People and Us magazines in waiting rooms
4. buying yet another bottle of perfume. My two latest purchases--Escada's *Moon Sparkle*(so yummy smelling that it makes me want to bite myself, and yes, I do know I am probably too mature for this scent and should just pass it on to Rachel, but....) and Lagerfeld's *Sun Moon Stars*(incredibly beautiful scent and bottle!).
5. watching What Not To Wear or even Spongebob Squarepants. :-)
**********
Anyone care to share their own guilty pleasures? ;-)
***********
So, yes, I am back.(and more importantly, so is Conan!)
I still have some blogs to catch up on, and need to really get my act together and thank some friends for awards they decided to "give" me. I'll get there...
**********
I have been a happy hermit lately.
Content with my home and garden (and sniffing myself),
spending time with only those few people(and one canine) I really enjoy spending time with,
coming to the realization that I don't really know who my true friends are and being okay with that(for now--sometimes it does bother me),
and....
stressing just a little over a million little things about work (which is why I was up extra early this morning and decided to write a blog to clear my mind--so much on my mind I couldn't sleep).
Oh, and...Happy Donut Day!!!! ( I just might have to stop in at Dunkin D's and get me a raspberry jelly filled one on my way in to work later)
16 comments:
Hmm, I like your guilty pleasures :-))
I recognize the eating craves at that certain time of the month haha.
Happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time off here...it's good to take some me/us time now and then!
You never really know who your true friends are, found out that one as well...but the older I get, the more often I think Ah well, that's life....
Still want to be your friend though ;-).
Happy Donut Day? Wow. We do have a donut shop here in Rotterdam...but no Dunkin D's or Krispy Kreme I'm afraid ;-)
Have a great day!
Marcelle,
I really do know you are a friend of mine--despite the fact we've never actually met face-to-face. But I can tell you are the kind of human that anyone would be lucky to have as a friend.
No Krispy Cremes here, either(have never tried one), but plenty of Dunkin Donuts(and little family owned donut bakeries, as well..). I am sure there are other kinds of fried Dutch treats available(I think you mentioned a kind of sweet confection before).
You girls really need to come to Canada to enjoy Tim Horton's donuts. Their coffee is terrific and they make a good almost homemade tasting soup.
I have problems, too, Tina, when friends and family members seem to write me off as a bad investment. I'm sure they have their reasons but it still hurts.
I just try to be the best friend I can to those I know still love and tolerate me!
I am off for my walk on another beautiful spring day in S. ON.
Welcome back, Tina!!!:) You were certainly missed!!!:)
I understand so well what you had written about spending time with your family and not being sure of who your real friends are...:P I feel the same most of the time too... In fact I've been betrayed so many times in the past /which is generally my own fault, I know, as I tend to be too open-hearted and to share too much which makes me too vulnerable/, that I'm very careful about revealing myself in front of other people than my hubby and kids now...
But enough about that!!!:) Happy Donut Day to you too!!!:) Hubby returned yesterday from a 4-day seminar in Sofia and he brought home...4 boxes of Dunkin' Donuts!!!:) We ate 2 of the boxes yesterday /yes, it's one of my guilty pleasures:P/ and we'll finish off the rest today!!!:) Perfect timing!!!:)
Sandra,
Oh we have Tim Horton's all over the place here, too--they took over an indie Rhode Island donut chain a few years ago. I think I tried their coffee once but can't recall if it was any good(I tend not to order coffee and only make it it at home or order it after a meal at a restaurant). I usually go to a Dunkin Donuts, i guess, because I grew up with them, and also--there is a great local donut place near here that makes the perfect donut(although greasy!)Hortons)As it is, I don't eat donuts often, but I promised Rachel I would stop by after work and bring some home.
Sandra, it is probably that we are very sensitive, that we find ourselves feeling a little hurt from time to time with friends(and family) more than other people?? I, too, treasure those few who I know "tolerate" me, no matter what. :-)
Vessie,
You are right, my warm-hearted friend--donuts ARE a guilty pleasure!! Glad you enjoyed your donuts. I used to have a cat who would purr and drool when she saw the Dunkin Donut box(we gave a little bit of donut as a treat becasue she loved them). I'll have to catch up with your blog...maybe today.
love your guilty pleasure post! abba---yes! loud and proud baby. have you seen the movie mama mia?? omg---so very good and you can sing a long : )
donuts--LOVE THEM. we do have krispy kreme here (nc is home to KK) and they are awesome in their badness.
figuring out who your real friends are is sad sometimes, i think part of it (at least for me) is the realization that i was a bad judge of character.
i love perfume too but often forget to wear it. i found a new one, flirt, at kohl's. i'm pretty sure it's too young for me too but i do love it.
I love that wacky Sea Sponge too!
Lately, my guilty pleasure has been a Dove Chocolate right before I settle down for the night. (hmmmm, maybe that's why I have been having some funky dreams lately)
Great list :)
Gosh, I love your 5 guilty pleasures. We are so alike. I love Conan and am thrilled I can now see his monologue. He was on way too late before. I also love salty chips and singing to loud music in the car. My guilty pleasure is Justin Timberlake! (dont tell dh) So, I have decided to delete my blog. Extreme overreaction but am happy to not be obsessing. I have a new blog which I only will post occasinally but I hope that you update my URL. it is thelilacgrove.blogspot.com Clare
Hello Friday girl and a very happy Friday to you!;)
I missed your posts.;)) But it sounds to me that you spend your time of blogging doing wonderful things.;))
I share all your guilty pleasures, mine would be additionally white chocolate.;))
I owe you a mail, it will be on the way soon.;))
Have a great day!
xoxo
Zuzana
Totally did not need to know it was Donut Day!! Any excuse will do for me!
And one of my guiltiest pleasures is my SUBSCRIPTION to UsWeekly. It takes about 5 mintues to read but I just love it. So trashy!
Love your list. Love guilty pleasures - reading gossip mags in waiting rooms makes me look forward to appts. Silly, eh?
I am also a happy hermit. I think that learning how to be happy on your own is a big life lesson.
I pick and choose my close friends very carefully. It is tough for me to be in big crowds and social events. I am hyper sensitive, but I'm ok with that. The people who don't like that about me probably weren't meant to be part of my life anyway...
I am blogging in your comment section again, Tina! I love your blog and I think I'd love hanging out with you in person. (Over a Tim's coffee, 'k?)
Hi c.k.!
Oh yes, I saw "Mamma Mia" twice last summer--thought it was great!
As for Krispy Kreme, I think they tried to make inroads into New England's "Dunkin Donuts" territory but failed(although *Tim Horton's* has succeeded here). I just love the sound of the name "Krispy Kreme", though--can imagine it having a retro sign on it's first location back when they first started out.
Wonder if you bought the "Flirt" perfume???
But, Jack, remember...chocolate is GOOD for you. Nothing to feel guilty about! ;-)
~Clare,
I have already visited "The Lilac Grove". :-)
Conan, sadly for this over 40 lady, is STILL on too late for me, even if it is an hour earlier(11:00 here now), so we tape it and watch every night after supper.
one of my quilty pleasures that I can't stop eating until the bag is gone is Lime Tostitos!! Oh man! so salty and limey...... yum yum
I can say that I have three true blue friends that no matter what I can count on to be there for me. (and one daughter) and I feel so blessed because of them.
Kelly Clarkson Rocks!! :-)
Post a Comment