Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Fill-In with Fried Dough




I'm making up for the last week of no blogging with a second entry in one day. Thought I would use Janet's always inspiring Friday Fill-in for my second blog of the Donut Day.
Yes, I got my Allie's Donuts (delivered daily from their location in another town to the supermarket near where I work)this afternoon right after work.
Chocolate jimmie-covered for R, Boston Creme for J (but, I ate one half of it) and a simple sugar raised one for myself.
Now that I got my sugar and fried dough fix in, I won't have any urge to eat another donut for another few months. Hopefully....

1. I feel extremely lucky to have a safe and affordable
_____ home.
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been _____ grilled Portabello mushrooms on rolls with roasted red pepper, some of my fresh greens, a little olive oil and garlic.
3. Whenever my dog sees the neighbor walking her Airedale, she goes crazy and all she does is_____ bark! bark! bark!
4. A nice long walk _____ with Jewel is one of my favorite things (and hers).
5. This week, my sister told me some_____ some good news (she has had some crap things happening in her life since last August).
6. When all is said and done, _____ the little things I worry about in the early morning hours usually turn out to be nothing I should have lost sleep over .
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____ being a couch potato, tomorrow my plans include _____ house cleaning and Sunday, I want to _____ relax in the garden and read! Sounds pretty dull, doesn't it?

7 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend, Tina.

Clare said...

I plan on being a couch potato tonight too! Gardening and craft class with boo tomorrow and Sunday going for a long walk and ending up at the bookstore

cessie said...

Dull? No. Cozy? Yes :-))
I didn't have any donuts yesterday after all. But then again, I don't live in the US so I did have an excuse lol.
I love your mushrooms!! I'm like it now and I only just woke up lol. Had a perfect Asian dinner last night though so I'm not hungry yet!
Have a great weekend. Will go for some house cleaning now ;-)

Zuzana said...

I love Portabello mushrooms, they are so expensive here.;))
I am wishing you wonderful weekend, to me it sounds heavenly.;))
xo
Z

Manders said...

You are making my mouth water talking about Portebello mushrooms! YUMMY!!

I wish I could go sit outside and read. Unfortunately it is cold and raining/snowing here! YIKES!! Welcome to Calgary, I suppose. I hope your house cleaning is going as good as mine. (i.e. right now I am on an extended lunch break :-) )

Anastasia Marou said...

Oh how I love doughnuts! The sweetest sin ever!! I particularly enjoy them after a great summer siesta with strong black French coffee. I was really sorry to miss your fill-in gaps on Friday which , as you know, I greatly enjoy. So here goes:

1. I feel extremely lucky to have a safe and agreeable____ home.
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been _____ouzomeze,bean salad, octopus in wine sauce, red snapper on the grill, pork fillet in comandaria (sweet local wine) sauce served with brown rice.
3. Whenever my dog sees the neighbor walking her Airedale, she goes crazy and all she does is_____ I don't have a dog.
4. A nice long walk _____on the beach after a long day at work is thoroughly invigorating!
5. Last week, my husband told me some_____ some good news (he's just got a promotion!)
6. When all is said and done, _____ I count my blessings and move on.
7. And as for the weekend, a 3-day weekend over here, I spent it marking, watching TV debates on Euronews,voting for our MEPs at the new EU Parliament and reading blogs.

Tonight we're having a barbecue dinner with some goood friends.

And tomorrow ...back to routine!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me!!! My favorite thing these days is relaxing!!! :)