Or, Friday's blog, part 2. Man, do I feel like a foolish whiner, since about three hours after I wrote my lament about the dreary weather and lack of sun earlier today, the sun actually came out in full force. We had heat and sunshine and blue skies ! Right now, there is a cool, fresh breeze coming in the open window and we don't need a light on in the room, as we had to do some days with the storms and rain. For now, at least, it feels like a Rhode Island summer late afternoon should.
Ahhh...there we go! Someone on our street is letting off a string of fire works as I type. It's really pre-4th of July summer now. I was saying last night to R that we usually hear fireworks in the neighborhood all week leading up until Independence Day. But this year...nothing. Until now. Luckily, I have two pets (the cat and dog) that deal with fire crackers and thunder(which we have had lots of the last week) noises quite well.
Back to what I was first going to write about, though:
Today turned out to be one pretty darned good day.
Not too busy and frantic at the shop, as I had expected it might be. We were able to catch up with completing all orders. It was was quiet as far as customers. I think everyone was at the beach or at least doing something under the sun, outdoors. Or, at the grocery stores, getting what they still needed for tomorrow's cook-outs and gatherings.
Even Boss No. 1 was feeling good and came in earlier than he usually does and bought us ice coffees and seemed happy for a change.
And, the first thing I saw when I parked my car in the lot at work, was this:
I was in bumper sticker heaven!Because it was slow enough, I even sat down to get my arm hennaed. A former co-worker comes in from time to time to do henna on site. Usually, I am too preoccupied with working to even think about getting it done, and I thought it wasn't anything for me.
But, after Boss. No. 1 went and had a simple design drawn on his wrist(I told you he was in a good mood!), I started thinking I wouldn't mind having one done on me, as well. I wasn't going to have anything like my whole hand(palm) covered, but this paisley-ish design on my lower arm was perfect for me. (please try to ignore the whiteness of my sun-deprived skinny arm)
If this turns out alright, I may have more done. It is was relaxing to sit with my arm on a pillow while D drew on my arm and it smells wonderful, too. Kind of a mild cumin and lavender spice scent.

Supposedly, with the proper attention(keeping it moist as I have been trying to do every half hour or so), and not scrubbing it, the dark paste will flake off, and the underlying orange stain(which I can already see where some of the paste has fallen off) will darken up within the next 24 to 48 hours. The design can last up to two to three weeks, I was told.
10 comments:
How cool that seeing the bumper sticker car was a highlight of the day. That's another reason I know I like you.
Cool henna too. I've never done it, but it sort of sounds fun.
Glad the rest of your day turned out fun. The sun was out here too - I sat outside and read my book. Amazing.
I can smell something cooking your way! Or is it my imagination? Happy Independence Day! Have a wonderful weekend and lots of fun. Filakia xxxx
Ah, I am so glad that your Friday ended well, my dear! I love the design on your arm, very eclectic.;))
I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday and a perfect 4th of July celebration with lovely fireworks.;))
xo
Z
Love the henna tatto! I wish you a very happy 4th of July! Audrey xox
just as a side note, you might want to blur out the license plate on that van, they arent really supposed to be shown on the internet, for privacy reasons... love the stickers however!
I still have mine from 2 weeks ago when I went to San Diego. We got them at the Zoo. I love Henna. I hope to get a tatoo or some henna at the Stampede this week!!
Isn't it wonderful what the sun can do for your spirit? It's like magic! The design you picked for your arm is lovely as is the photograph with the fabric in the background. Nice! I hope you recharged your internal battery over the holiday weekend with perfect weather. ♥Rosemary
Hey! you had some warm weather! I'm happy for you. Is it still summer-like? I hope so! We had a "canicula" over the weekend = a phase during the rainy season when it's summer-like. It felt nice, and nature was pleased with no more water.
Wonderful design on your arm! I wonder if there's someone around Guatemala who does that? Is there an Hindu community I wonder. There are plenty of Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Palestinian and Israeli, but haven't met anyone from India, which customs would include this beautiful art.
that henna tatt is sooo cool! i've never had that done (though i do have a regular tattoo). it looks wonderful!
Hi Tina,
Oh, I love your henna tattoo. Those are so cool. I have always loved those.
Funny bumper sticker photo!
The Reluctant Queen is making me smile wide tonight. And I love the photo of you above her.
Happy Tuesday.
Post a Comment