
I hate that my mood and well-being can so easily be affected by the weather, but I feel like I am half alive these days because of the same old grey that I see when I open my eyes every morning(such a strange summer, since the middle of June around here--dark, barely ever any sun and fairly cool). I haven't even been into blogging or visiting blogs lately. The only good thing I can say is that at least this weather is good for the skin(no sunburns possible) and we haven't had to use extra energy use for fans. I wear a light sweater when I leave for work every morning!
Here, a limpid attempt at a blog this morning:
i need
............. to bake in the hot sun , like a lizard
i want
i want
....to feel energized and light-hearted
i listen
i listen
.....It hasn't started yet today, since she is still sleeping, but....every day since his death was announced, R plays Michael Jackson songs in her room. They are kind of imprinted on my brain at this point. She is slightly obsessed, which Mr. F remarked made him feel even sadder about the death. Just some birds outside the window is all I hear now. And my typing on this keyboard--sounds quite loud in the otherwise quiet house. Oh yes..also some gentle snoring sounds from Mr. F in the next room.
i feel
....at loose ends and lethargic
i watch
i watch
....nothing. No movies or TV lately. Just not interested.
i play
hmmmm....PLAY. I need to do that.
i read
Daphne DuMaurier's "The Birds" (the short story Hitchcock's film was loosely based on) the other night before bed. Now every time I see a bird, I have to think of that chilling story.
i eat
i eat
a slice of pumpkin bread and a banana
6 comments:
Hang in there, Tina. This weather really does suck. Other half is hedging on wanting to cancel our trip next week due to rain. Me, I just want to get the heck outta town.
We are totally in a fog bank right now (and have been all week), but it wasn't raining, so I just went for an hour walk. That felt good. Kings of Leon screaming in my earbuds...
I hope some sun will come your way dear friend. I always enjoy your blog on my coffee breaks.
Here we have hot and sunny weather, a heat wave out of this world! As if made for the beaches, and not to be stuck in the lab. BUT, it is all about to end and comes Monday, we will have worse weather than you. Can I join you then in your melancholy?;)
Joke aside, not too worry, everything goes in waves and the good summer weather will return before you know it.
Have a great Friday - Friday girl - and a lovely 4th of July tomorrow.;))
xo
Z
I hope the weather brightens soon! We are now going to get a few days of much needed rain!! I will pass the sun on to you.
I wish I could send you some of this heat and sunshine we've got. I really would send it to you if I could!!
The only time rain and cloud really bothers me is in the winter or late fall. I have much more trouble with the hot and humid stuff that makes me ill.
However, I am sorry you feel so blah but this greyness can't last forever. hope it clears up soon!
~Erin,
I know all about those fogbanks--we get them every morning lately, too, but today--it burned off and there is a blue sky with white puffy clouds and it is hot and sunny!! A miracle!
I say--go for it, too, and get the heck out of town for the scheduled mountain adventure. It may turn out to be gorgeous(or at least not raining), after all!
~Zuzana,
I think your sunny thoughts for us WORKED!! It is actually sunny here(and I need to get outside after this). Thanks for your usual warm words and thoughts. The 4th of July celebration should cheer me up-a cook-out to go to at our friend's house(and they live right next door to the field where the fire works display is set off from)
I had heard of the very hot temps in your part of the world! I guess even at Wimbledon it has been scorching hot.
~~Amanda,
Why, thank you! I think. just like Zuzana's, that your sunshiney thoughts workded. :-)
~Meg,
I know, I know...the grass IS alwasy greener....(nice new profile pic, by the way!)
~~Sandra,
Again, I know I should accept this as not that bad when surely really hot and humid would have me complaining, too(I also can't take the heat, like you). And we are even having some summer weather as I type...
Post a Comment