
A "guest blogger"?
I had been invited by Clare to write a guest blog over at her Lilac Grove blog today, while she is busy with company(and potty training?)this week.
Of course, I went and wrote a l-o-n-g entry there, so most likely it won't get read and therefore won't have many comments. I find that if I post a really short entry(with even just a YouTube video or a photo) that I'll get the most comments. Has anyone else noticed this?
(of course, this may have something to do with my lengthy posts getting too rambling and not-too-the point quick enough. Readers must just give up.)
Also, definitely read some of Clare's entries. I like her blogging style--a wide variety of topics from an interesting expatriate Brit in Cali(she loves Grover and Gene Wilder, I have discovered--how cool is that?)
The photo up top? I just liked it--found it online somewhere and saved it a while ago. I like the juxtaposition of the modern white table and the wooden green painted chairs, as well as the openness and bright windows everywhere.
In fact, I would love to be a guest there and eat a meal in that serene room. It's so clean and uncluttered, too. Unlike my own surroundings. With it being so hot these last few weeks, a lot of household stuff simply didn't get done around here.
18 comments:
I think I am just too lazy to read through a very long blog - a complete lack of discipline since I read and edited so many essays throughout my life!
I would like a sunroom like the one in your picture. So inviting.
I will try to visit your friend.;)) How exciting to be a guest blogger.;))
It is difficult to define a rule, by which some post are commented on more or less. I have had long posts and short posts, that have been ignored and then on the contrary, also long and short, which has been commented by many.
I think sometimes it has to do with the subject.
For example, my favorite posts of yours are those when you just write random things that cross your mind. They have sometimes been longer. I love those so much because I can recognize the sentiments described within.
Maybe that is the secret.;))
(But of course I love ALL your posts.;)))
Have a lovely Thursday; tomorrow is *our* day again.;))
xo
Congratulations on being a guest blogger! I'll go over and sneak a peek at the blog in a few minutes. I love your picture! I'd love to have a room that looked like that...it's all sunny and light!
I find that all your posts are very interesting Tina, long or short.
For me, whether I comment on anyone's blog or not really depends on the frame of mind I'm in at that moment and whether I have ample time on my hands.
I'll definitely look at the link..
I think you post on my blog is one of the best now on my blog. Thank you so much. I loved every bit of it. Your blog is one of my faves and why I asked you to guest. Eck Potty training is HARD
I like reading all your blogs: Short or long, guest or your own!
I love the picture! Let's all meet there for some lemonade, eh?
Hi from too long gone! I love your new picture in your profile. You're so pretty!
I know what you mean about the long posts. The ones that have gotten the most comments at my blog are the photos of my doggies. Pretty funny.
I love the photo you found here, and congratulations on being Clare's guest blogger! You're a fun writer to read, short or long.
If I could have half the comments you receive...I'm always wondering who comes by and read my nonsense? I like your entries, no matter how long they are ;-) There are few people who always have the most interesting topics to share.
Like the picture you chose for this entry. The word "Fresh" came to mind. Doesn't it look fresh? and airy?
Ok. I just read your post on Clare's blog. I LOVE magazines. In fact, I think I have a problem because I buy so many. I cannot go to the grocery store without bring a magazine home with me. I subscribe to Success magazine which is my favorite business magazine. My husband gets golf magazine in the mail and I always buy woman's world. It's a skinny weekly magazine filled with tons of information. I love it. I also read lots of food magazines, ladies home journal, woman's day, decorating magazines, sometimes people and us weekly.
I didn't know that Glamour magazine folded either. Hmm. I guess I just never noticed.
Tina will guest blog. Good to know! Off I go to read you there, but first... I love when your rambly. Just so you know.
I read something once about blogging, it said to keep the post short but sweet. I do agree with some of the really long long posts....(not yours....others places I have visited) ..I may stop reading and sort of skim though. It is hard to have the interest and feelings as the writer has writing it. Know what I mean?
I loved that pic right away too.... it looks so open, airy, sunny and bright... inviting!! And I appreciate the lack of clutter, living in a state of disaster myself... LOL... wouldn't I love to get my house into that state... so much more peaceful!!
Yes, I've noticed people don't like to read the lengthy blogs as much too, being one who keeps on rambling once I get started!! :D I guess everyone's busy making the rounds that they don't have time to stay too long, or something like that...
you know, everyone's always rushing around. But I must say you truly are a great blogger... your blogs are always interesting!!
I will now go to check out your guest blog!! Gee, I didn't ever think of that. I've been so bad at blogging these days, maybe I could have you as a guest too? hehe
it's funny the things you think people will comment on and the things they actually do comment on. usually my rambling posts don't get many comments either, but then for me it's more of an emptying of my head and i don't so much care.
i love that picture too. i love how much light is in the room, all the windows. serene is a good word.
Of course, I went and read the whole thing. Great entry, really, and it reflects my sentiments. I understand that changes have to happen, it's normal and oftentimes good, but it makes me feel sad and nostalgic at other times. I do not miss the technical issues that we had at my job when I started there over 20 years ago and we had to make calls via a switchboard - that was annoying, of course, but other things - I do miss them. Anyway. It's strange what entries sometimes gets loads of comments and others that are just as good don't get half as many comments. I think it depends on a variety of reasons - beginning with the state of mind of the readers (are they in a "wordy" mood) and the subject to simple things like "is there enough time for a good comment" and "do I get to personal with a possible comment" etc. Personally, I like all your entries - wordy or not :-) They are "you", and that's what counts.
When I blog, I am interested mostly in how many readers I can drive to my blog. I strongly disagree when you say: "Of course, I went and wrote a l-o-n-g entry there, so most likely it won't get read and therefore won't have many comments." Many readers won't necessarily leave a comment. But they keep coming back to read your next posting.To me this is the essence of blogging. Naturally, comments are welcome. We all like comments, don't we? But I'd feel miserable if I had 50 comments and 100 readers , for instance. I have been a guest author on Blogger for some time now and I truly enjoy the experience. The first time, I felt like you, Tina. How many comments would I get for my friend? But in time, I forgot all about it. I contribute to my friend's blog whenever I can and I don't worry at all about the number of commenters. This said, I can read very long blogs if the topic interests me just like I can skip a very short blog which doesn't interest me! Also, if I like a blog I may comment regularly regardless of whether that person comments or not on my blog.
~Sandra,
Yes, that would make a nice sunroom(I think I see one off to the left through a door in the photo)--I have always wanted a "sunroom", myself.
~Zuzana,
I know already(a week later, at least) that you did visit and leave a comment at Clare's blog--thank you for taking the time to do that.
And thank you for saying you love all of my blog entries--how nice to find out the "rambling" ones where I don't think too much over them, is what you like best. :-)
~Meg,
Thanks for visiting Clare's blog(and mine). :-) So, we are both sunny, open and light room lovers(did you notice the lack of clutter in that photo?)
~Arty,
I am that way--often I read the blog, but like you--depends on the time I have or how I am feeling. Sometimes I truly have nothing to say(but enjoyed reading the blog) so don't leave a comment.
~~Clare,
Thanks SO much for your kind words(and I am sorry it has taken me so long to write them here). I was VERY much honored that you thought of Me(? think of me saying that like Grover would..) to guest blog and then of course, I wanted you to have something worthy from me there when I did. I enjoyed it--you have some very cool regular readers, I can tell(and now I think some readers from here may have crossed over).
~~Amanda,
Meeting there for some lemonade(and cake? Girl Guide cookies?) would be wonderful! ;-)
~Sallymandy,
So glad you stopped by and you are so sweet to say those things about me. (blushing...) Stop by whenever you can, but don't worry if you aren't able to oftenn--I know how that can happen.
~~Claudia,
Well..I do know there are blogs with way more comments than mine could ever get, but I like how it is for me here. I have some good friends who are regular readers and that is just enough for me(and I like to read those same regular's blogs, too)
~~JarieLyn,
Thanks for stopping by! I am glad you are also a magazinaholic. :-)
BTW, "Glamour" mag is still around--"Mademoiselle" is the one that folded (sniff).
~~Awww.., Judy, thank you! I am an expert rambler, that I am. :-)
~~Doreen,
You made a good point about longish blogs vs. shorter ones. It's just human nature, I suppose.
~~Sherry!
I am happy to "see" you here. Like Doreen above, you make a good point about people genrally in a rush and therefore not taking the time to stick with lengthier blog entry.
~~c.k.,
You are the Queeen of Rambling Thoughts posts and you do them RIGHT. I bow before you. LOL!!
Yep, "serene'(and "clean") is a good word for the photo.
~~Gisela,
I can't tell you how "good" it made me feel to read what you wrote in the comment you left here. I am glad we are on the same wavelength about what "used to be".
~~Anastasia,
Thank you for your input on this subject about blogs, comments, length, etcetera. And you made a really good point about readers perhaps not always commenting, but perhaps always coming back to read the next entry.
Post a Comment